Spiderwire stealth.

chipbuttee

Reaction score
I am aware that power pro has a good reputation but wondered what the opinions if any are on Spiderwire stealth smooth braid?

smudger172

Reaction score
I found spiderwire braid a bit stiff. Power pro is what i would call soft and perfect but a cheaper option is berkley whiplash pro also nice and soft.. Its what i use and can recommend

dicky123

Reaction score
Chip. Its great on a baitcaster thats all I can say? I have it on all three of my outfits.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
I have been using powerpro superslick 8.

Really impressed. Smoother than PP and possibly not counterfeit yet as much of PP standard is.

Phil Heaton

Reaction score
Over the past 12 months I've changed over from powerpro to the spiderwire stealth, don't be mistaken for the inferior standard spiderwire braid. The main reason is that it is thinner for its given breaking strain which allows lighter jig heads to be used on rivers due to the reduction in drag.
It seems to be standing up well to continued casting and I believe that it has a better knot strength than powerpro, even if its strength is overrated as its just as good at pulling snags to the boat and straightening out hooks.
By taking advantage of the diameter difference I'm using a stronger BS than Powerpro and getting at least the same durability from it.