Pike - Victoria Embankment

JackGE

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the Victoria Embankment stretch of the Trent holds many pike? I've thought about doing some lure fishing and dead baiting as it's free. It's packed with dace, perch and fry so can't see why not.

thecrow

Reaction score
Not many Pikers will give information away about what stretches hold what, pressure on pike does them no good at all.

If the water has lots of prey fish the pike will be there and the only way to find out how many and how big is to fish it, experiment, explore and if no one pike fishes there you could be in for a surprise.

B

binka

^^^ What he said ^^^

One thing I will add is don't get disheartened if it doesn't produce as the silvers will soon be shoaling up and packing tightly into favoured spots for the winter but if you can find where they are then you're more than halfway there.

If those prey fish you mention are still knocking around then you're in with a decent chance and you might even bag a zander :)

JackGE

Reaction score
Yeah, I think you're right, when fishing with maggots I was getting a bite pretty much every cast. Only problem is the weeds, which is good for pike but bad for my lures! I caught my first pike last week which was such a thrill! I'd love to catch a zander next!