First spot of trying the Soar

Ijjwsg

Reaction score
Having recently moved to Nottingham I thought I’d go back to coarse fishing. Have tried the Soar at Kegworth a few times and on one outing I caught a small pike while float trotting for a few Roach. A very tenacious little thing that wouldn’t let go. So I did a rethink and returned later to try for a few pike. First outing last Saturday was a success, 4 pike to legered deadbaits three quite small 24-28in, but one nice one of 39”. Caught on my 1.75lbs Avon rod and a centrepin. A real pleasure to use on small rivers.

open

Cheers JJ

Last edited:

jasonbean1

Reaction score
I had exactly the same problem posting images from my pc...I could see them and no one else could

Another Dave

Reaction score
Download the pic to somewhere on your computer. Remember where it is.

Go to imgur.com. You don't need to make an account, just click 'New Post'. Click 'Browse' and select the image location on your p.c.

Now you can see the pic on imgur, right click on it and select 'Copy Image Location'.

On here, click the 'Insert Image' icon when making your repy. It is yellow and looks like this
insertimage.gif
Paste. Post.

8Q2H6NF.jpg

Pliosaur

Reaction score
Fantastic catch JJ, but can you please edit your post and remove the location, this is a short stretch of river and we do not wish to attract undesirable elements.

Last edited by a moderator:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fantastic catch JJ, but can you please edit your post and remove the location, this is a short stretch of river and we do not wish to attract undesirable elements.

I agree with you , too many people state locations of catches on the internet. This can cause the demise of the locals angling .

Pliosaur

Reaction score
Kegworth is hardly a secret venue is it? Its akin to saying I caught a fish at Newark.

No, but advertising a small stretch of river which holds decent fish will attract attention, to many venues surrounding Nottingham have been devastated by taking fish for the table. Operation Traverse by Nottinghamshire Police in conjunction with the Angling Trust and Local fishing clubs is in effect in the surrounding area.

thecrow

Reaction score
No, but advertising a small stretch of river which holds decent fish will attract attention, to many venues surrounding Nottingham have been devastated by taking fish for the table. Operation Traverse by Nottinghamshire Police in conjunction with the Angling Trust and Local fishing clubs is in effect in the surrounding area.

Its hardly a small stretch is it? its not unknown to others its very easy to get to how is naming a town advertising a small stretch of river?

As for the police and the AT how many have been caught taking fish for the pot?

thecrow

Reaction score
I agree with you , too many people state locations of catches on the internet. This can cause the demise of the locals angling .

Ian Kegworth is probably one of the best known stretches of the Soar, if anglers wanted to fish there believe me they would already know about it. If you google " river Soar fishing" its all over the page. At least 2 clubs have water there it might be more.

Pliosaur

Reaction score
Edit yours too, as above.

pliosaur-albums-angling-trust-picture4858-image-3862-200-auto-both-both-85-5-a.jpg

I will not pamper to political correctness. Operation Traverse is aimed primarily at killing fish for the table, if you are not happy with this then please take up your concerns with the Angling Trust, Nottinghamshire Police or the local angling clubs that are affected by fish thefts.