Wonder Tress.

john step

Reaction score
I have got my Wonder Tress from pecheur.com in the past. I know others on here use it. Does anyone know of a UK outlet please?

chrissh

Reaction score
John, I got my last spool from

Future Fishing
UNIT 15
HARDY'S BUSINESS PARK
FARNDON
NEWARK
NOTTS
NG243SD
Telephone
01636 612654

Last edited:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why do you want an alternative to Pecheur John? They are selling Wondertress at nearly half the price of the UK retailer and when I last purchased some the p and p was just a £1 arriving within a week.

john step

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Actually I am happy to use my Pecheur account but another member of FM asked me in a PM and as I didn't know of another seller I asked for him. He will see this . Thanks again.

Another Dave

Reaction score
It was me.

john step kindly sent me a sample of the 8kg wondertress and i wanted to know where i could get some. Pecheur only have the 12kg on their site.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That’s a shame, keep checking their site as they do replenish stocks occasionally.

Another Dave

Reaction score
I have one trace s63! So long as i can hold myself back from decorating the trees with lures i should be ok for now.

It's for close-in finnesse mini lure fishing, FM poster spoonminnow is schooling me in the mini lure fishing thread but my efforts seem to attract jacks - which is fine by me - but i've had too many bite-offs.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wondertress isn’t the thinnest stuff around, personally I prefer k2k in 6lb, cheaper too and readily available.

Another Dave

Reaction score
s63, that's what i currently use but i wanted to give the 'tress a go for some of the finnesse jig fishing that spoonminnow has been describing in the mini lure fishing thread.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have both Dave and cannot see the advantages in using tress for finesse fishing.

john step

Reaction score
It was me.

john step kindly sent me a sample of the 8kg wondertress and i wanted to know where i could get some. Pecheur only have the 12kg on their site.

They have a sale on at the moment. It would appear there is something called wonder tress flexi or similar in a lot lighter breaking strains. Have a look it may be an updated version.

Another Dave

Reaction score
They have a sale on at the moment. It would appear there is something called wonder tress flexi or similar in a lot lighter breaking strains. Have a look it may be an updated version.

Ooooh that sounds good, this one i take it?

terminal-tackle-braid-cannelle-megaflex-736-p-483-48384.jpg

Terminal tackle braid cannelle megaflex 736

john step

Reaction score

That seems to be the smallest they do. I am not sure if its like the sample you have though.It says 19 strands which may refer to wire and not braided trace. I have received some 2K2 and will attempt to do a few traces as per your sample.
It is my intention to try to catch some perch on the softies on Saturday...It will make a change from lugging mountains of gear. Looking forward to it. Will post on HDYGO.

Philip

Reaction score
just to be aware, Megaflex is a 19 stranded wire, not a braid.

Last edited:

Another Dave

Reaction score
Just got this 3.5kg Megaflex through the post. As Philip says, it is not a braid but it does look interesting. Extremely fine, i would say finer that 6lb K2K and much easier to knot than K2K.

I can see a use for this when i use tiny floating lures where the additional weight of clips, swivels and trace can sometimes sink them. Will give it some field testing and report back to FM.

steve2

Reaction score
Came across 4 reels when sorting out for winter pike fishing of 6 and 9 kg of this which I have bought over the years and never used.
All came from Decathlon stores.
If you want some fine wire for perch fishing take a look in your local craft shop at beading wire. Tigertail works well.