ET Bite alarms

steve2

Reaction score
Does anyone use the ET Backbiters alarms?
How do they compare to other alarm set ups for pike fishing.

thecrow

Reaction score
Seen them in use and indicated takes both pulls and dropbacks ok, also seen the Billy's Backbiters which look a bit bulky to me as well as being a lump more expensive.

If possible I would always use a float for indication as it's more immediate indication as long as its watched carefully.

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
I have had a number of ET bite alarms and the Billy's backbiters, both are okay and do a good job, if used in conjunction with a front bite alarm !!

Bob

O

O.C.F.Disorder

Am I missing something? what is wrong with just using a bite alarm and a dropback indicator?

naxian62

Reaction score
The thing with backbiters as I see it, is you're not gonna use 'em for your carping or tenching etc. Unlike a decent set of front alarms which will cover every use , coupled with bobbins or drop-offs.
Only my opinion of course.

john step

Reaction score
There is a video on You tube. LEDGERED DEADBAITS WITH MICK BROWN. He is using Shimanos ashe says the baitrunner is so smooth and heavyish swingers that indicate both runs and drop backs. Worth a look.

thecrow

Reaction score
I have always thought that the sudden change in line tension when it is pulled from the clip is responsible for a lot of dropped runs from Pike and more so from Zander.

terry m

Reaction score
After many years of battling with Fox PS alarms, it is my intention to switch to normal quality front alarms combined with a basic rear drop off arm this winter.

naxian62

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm allowed to do this? But anyway.
@Terry M,
I've got 3 original Gardner TLB's, stainless fronts with purple LEDs. £120.00