Spinning friednly fisheries

Finzky

Reaction score
Hi, please can somebody advise any spinning friendly fisheries in Hertfordshire or surroundings? I will use braid and for small lures two treble hooks on lure, jigs, mepps spinners (all barbless).

john step

Reaction score
I would say the Lea. I would think you could wander miles and miles from Hertford to London including the Relief Channel. I doubt you will see many anglers. Plenty of predators in there.

steve2

Reaction score
If you look on the Lea Valley Park website it will tell you all you need to know.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
You could join Uxbridge rovers and fish the Aqui or the Colne on your doorstep?
Alternatively you can lure fish at Marsworth reservoir in Tring from October onwards, day ticket £6, parking is £3 in the carpark.

john step

Reaction score
Just noticed you are based in Ricky. Whats wrong with the canal. Lots of access on the towpath.

steve2

Reaction score
Just a thought why apart from commercials wouldn't a fishery be spinning friendly. Unless like one of my clubs it's not allowed in case you hook a pike out of season.

David Gane

Reaction score
I do a lot of lure and spinner fishing. Not having a dog I like to take my rod out for a walk along the river bank whenever I can - and that's most days. I don't fish lakes however, at least, not fisheries. I don't think lure fishing and static angling mix at all well and frankly I don't want to be a damned nuisance to anyone. Which brings me to my point, which is one of etiquette. Whenever I see an angler on the river I make a point of not fishing in the swim on either side of him (or her). On narrower rivers neither do I fish opposite them, even though most of my casting is done along the bank. I think it's a form of politeness and respect that all lure anglers should follow.

steve2

Reaction score
I don't think lure fishing and static angling mix at all well and frankly I don't want to be a damned nuisance to anyone. Which brings me to my point, which is one of etiquette.

I am quite happy to fish the empty swims between other anglers that's what they are there for. I don't see me has anymore of a nuisance than a carp angler or any other angler hogging the lake with 2 or 3 rods.

O

O.C.F.Disorder

Yeah im with steve on this one, I will happily fish a swim opposite or next to another angler. Most of the people I see on the river round here are E.E. and i will happily invade their swim and show them up. Also If im close to them I can and do stop them taking fish.