Ninja 2000 reel

mikench

Reaction score
Must be a computer generated issue, surely they would want more dosh from you to post abroad?

I doubt they would post abroad full stop! My reel qualified for free delivery anyway but only in the Uk! AD do not have my french address! Une grosse bourde!!!

mikench

Reaction score
My reel just arrived and by courier not parcelforce!! I suspect it's a replacement but whatever it's a lovely reel! I will give flurocarbon a go with a lighter leader!

If I were to use braid with a flurocarbon leader of say 5 metres no braid will be likely to touch a fish imo but rules are rules! I will give my original proposal a try! It's a lovely smooth reel!!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don’t see the need for using Fluoro as your main line Mike, plain mono would be just fine, just use Fluoro for the leader.

mikench

Reaction score
Flurocarbon supposedly has less stretch like braid and is strong! As I have plenty of the stuff I will give it a try and will switch to mono if my experiment doesn't work! I have a spare spool so I can use mono( 10lb) and a fluro leader!

The reel is small, light and feels very well made!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don’t like the stuff but appreciate its alledged near invisibility quality, I find the brands I’ve tried a bit “springy”, that of course can work in your favour for hooklengths. Keep in mind Mike that you’ll be winding this stuff onto a very small spool.

If you’re drop shotting just a rod length or two out I can’t imagine a problem but casting a light lure further afield might present a few issues. This is why braid is so popular, not only does it have very little stretch, it is also flexible and doesn’t suffer from memory. I look forward to reading your experiences.:thumbs:

mikench

Reaction score
Thanks John! I will follow your suggestion! Do you attach your braid to the leader with a uni knot or other?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks John! I will follow your suggestion! Do you attach your braid to the leader with a uni knot or other?

I use an Albright knot when making the rig at home but if I need to retie on the bank I keep it easy with a loop to loop.

sam vimes

Reaction score
And usually misinformed. Dave Chilton (former Kryston owner) said how braid will flatten more around a fish's mouth so won't tear into flesh the same as mono.

I wasn't defending braid bans. I think most bans in the fishing world are well intentioned, but many are absolute horse****, based on reactionary nonsense. I didn't think it actually needed saying, especially as I've said time and again that I use braid.