Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Best Perch Live bait rig ?

[QUOTE=Philip;1492079]Yes that's basically the same rig, different components but same principle. I also left my float sliding rather than fixed.

I would find the depth of the swim & then what depth you want your bait, then bring the float to surface, before you hook your live bait !

On that point, lip hooked or tail hooked ??

Quote Originally Posted by shane99 View Post
    they come in various weights S63
    I drop shot myself and am familiar with the range of weights, I use a 3/4oz weight, no drop shot weights I’m aware of get near that kind of weight.

Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    I drop shot myself and am familiar with the range of weights, I use a 3/4oz weight, no drop shot weights I’m aware of get near that kind of weight.
    Morning S63 - they are on e bay up to 30 grammes - I am only still water fishing so should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by shane99 View Post
    I would find the depth of the swim & then what depth you want your bait, then bring the float to surface, before you hook your live bait !

On that point, lip hooked or tail hooked ??
    I lip hook, I have never really got on with tail or elsewhere hooking. I’ll only hook elsewhere if I am using much larger baits on 2 hook rigs for Pike/Zander/Catfish.

On the depth point, one other point to highlight, the rig in the link relies on the paternoster weight alone to keep the bait down. I prefer to have some sort of weight down the line as well unless I am fishing a sunken float paternoster.
    Last edited by Philip; 20-05-2019 at 06:07.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12