Lincolnshire Piking

KAR

Reaction score
Does anybody know any decent Piking spots in Lincolnshire. I've been fishing a commerical but want to find somewhere different. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

chris axon

Reaction score
have you tried the drain's on the a18 just outside of scunthorpe off jnc 2 m180 or the ancholme all around brigg also worth a try is the river torne where ever you can get on it most of the fishable drains around this area hold a good head of pike plus the canal around thorne hold some good fish

M

MarkTheSpark

You'd be crazy not to get yourself down on the drains - are you north lincs or south?

KAR

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>MarkTheSpark wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>You'd be crazy not to get yourself down on the drains - are you north lincs or south?</blockquote>
North. Can't find anywhere decent without travelling more than an hour.

M

MarkTheSpark

You could try the Ancholme around Brigg - reportedly pretty good. The Louth Canal might be worth finding out about - I suggest talking to a tackle shop in the area. Bound to have a few pike in it. And the Trent suggestion was a good 'un.

But it really would be worth the drive down to, say, Hobhole Drain to try the Lincs fens.

chris axon

Reaction score
if your in north lincs pal your in the middle of a million good pike spots like the stainy canal around thorne heard of two seperate 30's and a good few 20's from a very good source plus the drains that criss cross all this area the ancholme is a safe bet the tackle shop in brigg will put you rite but i'd try the drains for a safe bet be mobile if the pump's are running the drains off i'd try the canal if you let me know what town your in i'll giveyou some directions

KAR

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>MarkTheSpark wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

You could try the Ancholme around Brigg - reportedly pretty good. The Louth Canal might be worth finding out about - I suggest talking to a tackle shop in the area. Bound to have a few pike in it. And the Trent suggestion was a good 'un.

But it really would be worth the drive down to, say, Hobhole Drain to try the Lincs fens. </blockquote>
I did try the Ancholme a while ago actually but it was just too weedy, I must have been in a difficult spot. I'd heard Louth does have 'em in but they can be difficult.

barry kirk

Reaction score
i fish the louth canal on a regular basis for the pike at this time of the year.most methods will get you a take or a run,but double figure fish are hard to find.the hobhole or the bellwater drain are good for fish of a higher average size.stick to the smaller drains around boston and you wont go far wrong.i went to the warping drain sun.4th.only to find it frozen bank to bank!finished up at cadney road on the ancholme.two freezing hours without a bite was enough to send me scurrying for the warmth of the local for a pint,then home for the footy on the box.day off work on wednesday,so i,ll be out getting cold again.must be mad.think i,ll take up snooker.

James Hodkin

Reaction score
Ancholme gets far too much of a hammering as does the Torne at the "3 Rivers" sections. If you're looking to get a few bites then it is the Torne i would recommend only i would be tempted to shy away from the aforementioned 3 rivers area where 3 drains meet at the side of the A18, it's a good place to drop your car then walk a fair bit to get away from the crowds there before starting fishing. Then id be looking to leapfrog two rods along the drain every half an hour until you get amongst the fish.

Ancholme's only weedy in the warmer months really. There are also a few lakes in the area i could advise about too. Whereabouts in North Lincs are you KAR?

Ben Haigh

Reaction score
The ancholme hasn't got much weed in it this year, definitely clearer than last winter, put it that way. fairly easy to get runs, but finding a double is hard work, but i have caught most sessions, and i always go with a mate, had fish between us every session, but not many above 5lb. nothing above 10, but i have seen them come out to other people. the angel and along cadney road are usually quite good, but ihave had most success where the river splits just above the town, and again where they join at the boatyard.

James Hodkin

Reaction score
There was a 22 in the scunny target last week, by the looks of the photo it was caught at cake mills from the area that normally has a weekend match on it. The guy said he'd also had 3 doubles. Pity its a bit of a shithole (and im from Brigg) and attracts gypsy pike anglers who start fires, drink (and leave) numerous lager cans & then also leave empty smelt packets and broken pike floats just to give our image even more of a kick in the nuts /forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif