Small crimps & Tool for a fine wire trace

shane99

Reaction score
Just had 6lb titanium trace @ .21mm arrive & now I think I might be looking for .5mm or .6mm single barrel crimps & a tool, loads out there but never having crimped anything before would like some pointers. can you use a single barrel crimp for this thickness trace is the question I think ?

5m Cahira Nitinol Titanium Trace Wire Fishing 6lb 12lb 21lb 40lb 66lb 100lb | eBay

I am looking to crimp to a Kamasan B983 in either a 6 or 4 for Perch. Have just joined a club that has 5 waters, & a couple contain Pike.

stillwater blue

Reaction score
I tend to knot Ti wire, I use a three turn half blood knot or a perfection loop with a bit of shrink tube over the top. It's a bit worrying at first as the knots don't close up as they do with mono but I've never had one fail.

ian g

Reaction score
I tend to knot Ti wire, I use a three turn half blood knot or a perfection loop with a bit of shrink tube over the top. It's a bit worrying at first as the knots don't close up as they do with mono but I've never had one fail.

Yep same for me , works very well

valetudoguy

Reaction score
I could be mistaken as I’m not with them right now, but I think my Konger Wolfram traces in 2.5kg aren’t crimped.... though I can’t say if they are twisted or knotted.

I imagine that they are knotted given the softness of the wire.

shane99

Reaction score
Interestingly I was able to do a knotless knot on the B983 & a rig sleeve over the 3 turn half blood knot swivel end - sorted ! thank you

John Keane

Reaction score
Fine copper crimps are good and are generally longer than the hard black ones. You can use ordinary longnose pliers and get 3 “pinches” onto one crimp.