Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  14

Default BIG PERCH Challenge lX....

Yes it's that time of year when our attention turns to big predatory fish. BPC this year will be the 9th annual challenge in the series.
    Please report on this thread your big perch caught WITHIN the TIMESCALE BELOW. Please also try to take a photo of your catch even if you're unable to post pics, as I or another can help with that. A description of your method and the type of water where your perch was caught would also add interest.
    Last year's winner was Flightliner's late entry, a superb perch of 3:12:0...
    The record for this challenge is 4:11:8 caught by Chubberbob a few years ago.
    The U.K. record is 6lb:5oz!

RULES. Challenge starts midnight tonight 1st September 2019.

Any legal method. Bait, lure, rod, pole or whip.

To claim you must have made at least 10 previous posts (any subject) on FM..

Challenge ends midnight March 14th 2020.

Finally-Please keep this thread chat free as it makes my job much easier if I don't have to wade through pages of chat trying to put the final table together..
    If you want to chat about perch, or anything else, please start your own new thread.....Thanks and good luck....

Default Re: BIG PERCH Challenge lX....

Good idea.
    If my spine decides that I may walk a bit, I'll definitely give a try.
    Yesterday, I had a walk along the Oxford's Thames, and the only fish that I have seen was perch. A lot of them. Lots of surface hunting under the sun.
    Up to about 2012-2013 (before alternating episodes of flooding, drought, long hot summers) I had hundreds of them in very good size. More difficult now.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvanillo View Post
    Good idea.
    If my spine decides that I may walk a bit, I'll definitely give a try.
    Yesterday, I had a walk along the Oxford's Thames, and the only fish that I have seen was perch. A lot of them. Lots of surface hunting under the sun.
    Up to about 2012-2013 (before alternating episodes of flooding, drought, long hot summers) I had hundreds of them in very good size. More difficult now.
    Chat??

I will kick off to start which will be beaten without a doubt. 2lb on the nose on roach tail on a bomb.

BIG PERCH Challenge lX....-001-2-.jpg

Blog Entries

Nice start Pete!