Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dropshot

Default Re: Dropshot

Its a good enough rod to start with, but you will feel more fish with a dedicated drop shot rod as most drop shot rods have a faster action which makes them more sensitive to delicate takes.
    You don't have to spend a fortune, Angling direct have their own range Advanta PS Drop Shot Rod | Angling Direct this would be better and less than £30.
    Regional Officer PAC Rotherham & Sheffield (RA99)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/445684102146582/

Blog Entries

I have several different spinning and lure rods from 5g up to 50g which can all be used for dropshotting; but I also have a dedicated dropshot rod and there is a clear difference to the way I can feel really tentative bites (which are often experienced with perch on canals) and the way I can work my baits (semi stationary/without constantly retrieving) with my dropshot rod, which has a slightly different action to a standard spinning rod.

So yes you can use a normal spinning rod for dropshotting and it will still work, but it wouldn’t be quite as good as a dedicated dropshot rod, and because dropshot rods are fairly cheap anyway, why just make do? That’s how I see it anyway.

Keith
    Last edited by Keith M; 10-10-2019 at 11:59.
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

When I first started drop shotting many years ago before it became popular over here I used an old quiver tip rod and caught fish.......
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

I've had a dabble with my rod and it didnt seem too bad. In the end i've decided to get a dedicated rod and bought the following: Daiwa Black Widow Dropshot Rod 7ft 1-9g NEW Lure Fishing Rod 5055545221613 | eBay. seems a decent rod, not really found much info on it. But having owning other daiwa black widow products i think it should be spot on.

Let us know how you get on with it, most drop shot rods will be an improvement on a quiver or softer lure rod.
    Regional Officer PAC Rotherham & Sheffield (RA99)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/445684102146582/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12