Pike Books

steve2

Reaction score
Following on from my fishing book post if any one is new to pike fishing may I recommend 2 books well worth buying.
The Fox guide to Pike Fishing and the other an old book The Beginners Guide to Pike Fishing by Martin Gay. It may say beginners guide but it’s far more than that.

Keith M

Reaction score
I was bought up on Fred Bullers Classic book on ‘Pike’ plus a few others like Barry Rickards and Ray Webb’s book ‘Fishing for big Pike’ and also Gibbinsons book on Pike (which was part of the Osprey Anglers library of books).

Keith

john step

Reaction score
I was given a couple of Bullers books. Well worth a read. I also re- read a Ficklins book from time to time.

steve2

Reaction score
Bullers Mammoth pike books are well worth a read.
If you really want to delve into pike fishing try Graham Booths History of Pike Fishing or Stephen Harpers Extreme Pike and the Pike of Broadland .

Philip

Reaction score
Another vote for Martin Gays book. I learnt allot from that when I first started out Pike fishing.

steve2

Reaction score
Just rereading my copy of R.C.R Barder 1970 book Spinning for Pike. Although out of date in some areas, when it was first published it wasn't, it's still a good read.

theartist

Reaction score
This is easily the best Pike book I own, lots of great stories from famous anglers and some fine paintings by Maurice Pledger, there's even a drawing from a not so famous artist in there ;)

steve2

Reaction score
This is easily the best Pike book I own, lots of great stories from famous anglers and some fine paintings by Maurice Pledger, there's even a drawing from a not so famous artist in there

Just received this along with the Willow Perch book an early Christmas present from my wife.