Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Pike Books

Default Pike Books

Following on from my fishing book post if any one is new to pike fishing may I recommend 2 books well worth buying.
    The Fox guide to Pike Fishing and the other an old book The Beginners Guide to Pike Fishing by Martin Gay. It may say beginners guide but it’s far more than that.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pike Books

I was bought up on Fred Bullers Classic book on ‘Pike’ plus a few others like Barry Rickards and Ray Webb’s book ‘Fishing for big Pike’ and also Gibbinsons book on Pike (which was part of the Osprey Anglers library of books).

Keith
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I was given a couple of Bullers books. Well worth a read. I also re- read a Ficklins book from time to time.

Bullers Mammoth pike books are well worth a read.
    If you really want to delve into pike fishing try Graham Booths History of Pike Fishing or Stephen Harpers Extreme Pike and the Pike of Broadland .

I was kindly given these three books . Two by Buller and one where he was a co-author. Re- read many times.

Pike Books-001.jpg

Another vote for Martin Gays book. I learnt allot from that when I first started out Pike fishing.

Just rereading my copy of R.C.R Barder 1970 book Spinning for Pike. Although out of date in some areas, when it was first published it wasn't, it's still a good read.

This is easily the best Pike book I own, lots of great stories from famous anglers and some fine paintings by Maurice Pledger, there's even a drawing from a not so famous artist in there

Quote Originally Posted by theartist View Post
    This is easily the best Pike book I own, lots of great stories from famous anglers and some fine paintings by Maurice Pledger, there's even a drawing from a not so famous artist in there
    Just received this along with the Willow Perch book an early Christmas present from my wife.