Double hook drop shot rig

tommos16

Reaction score
Morning all (just). My slightly hungover brain has come up with an idea, I'm going to head out with a double hooked drop shot rig.

There'll be a lobworm near the bottom hook pretty much just off the bottom, some sort of small plastic minnow about midwater.

No idea if it'll work, and if the fish aren't they're they aren't there, but my thinking is that if I find a shoal and get them feeding... Then they've got double the choice. If they're feeding they might just be tempted for either.

Interested to hear your thoughts.

I'll feedback!

Tom

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have given that idea consideration having seen similar used by sea anglers, jus5 haven’t got around to trying it, let us know if you’re successful!

tommos16

Reaction score
I have given that idea consideration having seen similar used by sea anglers, jus5 haven’t got around to trying it, let us know if you’re successful!
I will do exactly that. Logically it makes sense, I know Bass anglers do it a lot. The mix between real and fake bait might just turn them on. We'll see!

Another Dave

Reaction score
If you're not fussed about varying the depth of the lure you could just replace the dropshot weight with a jighead and stick half a lobworm on that.

tommos16

Reaction score
Well it worked... Ish. My heart wasn't in the drop shotting truth be told, was feeling the after effects of the boxing beer still. But a little fella still put the smile on my face (first time I've caught a fish with someone there so had to get a photo)

Hope you all had a bit more success if you were out there today!
d6fcbc840e09bd5b280e497bbaeb66af.jpg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well done, the question is, was that on the top or bottom hook?

tommos16

Reaction score
It was on the bottom. So I'm going to call it a fluke, but if you don't try you'll never know! Can't do a great deal of harm I wouldnt have thought

Another Dave

Reaction score
Had a crack at this today. I did get a decent take although we will never know if the fish went for the lure or the worm. Here's the swim:

2019-10-29-13-31-15.jpg

After a while i decided the far bank looked more interesting so i walked down to the bridge and had an explore. I varied the lure, eventually replacing it with a second worm. I also clipped a strike indicator on the line to act as a mini bobber, and replaced the jighead with a normal size 6 which eventually got taken.

2019-10-29-14-27-04.jpg

The little lure you can see was just to keep the worm nicely up the shank, although i like to think they might also wobble.

tommos16

Reaction score
Excellent to see Another Dave, lovely little Perch that! Did you get any takes on the top hook? Next time I go out and try it I'm going to have the hooks a lot closer, I'm thinking the top hook was far too high in the water.

I've scouted a few spots of the River Douglas on Google maps and I'm going to head out tomorrow and see if they're fruitful.

Another Dave

Reaction score
I don't think the worm on the top hook got touched mate. I had them just over a foot apart although this got a little shorter when i bit the jig off and tied a hook on. Fishing in about 6 feet of water.