fave lure?

supgen

Reaction score
my all time confidence lure, atleast for the canals that I mainly fish would either be a jennifields tackle double colorado spinnerbaitbait (1/4oz) or a shakey big S, but whats your all time faveorite lure? uno the one that catches you the most fish because you never want to take it off the trace :p

TJD Notts

Reaction score
Got to be a Mepps in a size 5 everytime! Prefer a gold blade but all colours seem to catch on my local canal and not only small fish either!!!

Trevor

supgen

Reaction score
I like mepps but I lose far too many! seems to be the treble hangs up everytime. When the river trout are on minnows (assuming spinners are allowed that is) mepps in the smaller sizes work like magic!

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Spinnerbait, apart from their versatility, which is a major consideration.

They appeal to a variety of species, in a variety of waters. I have had perch, pike , chub, zander and trout.

Truly a great amongst lures.

the oracle

Reaction score
favourite..

too many to mention...but maybe top 5 are:

• Fox Replicant
  • Rapala SSR
  • Kussamo Prof spoon (brass/nickel)
  • Storm Deep Thunder
  • Yo-zuri crystal minnow

noodle

Reaction score
DONT DO IT SSR'S ARE THE DEVILS WORK

seriously though it depends on the day i hav lures i like using, and amongst them there are ones i do like that little bit more

the 00 professor in coppr/silver
4 inch smuttly dbin black
smuttly t6 in oretiger
marks berrisfords db glider in black
bommber long a magnum in blurple

a few ace models the sweet shads the copy of the ks big daddy they did and the sorcey

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Typical, you lot are all cheats, edging your bets or what.

The question was, what is your favourite ''lure'' not lures.

Seriously though, it's much easier to nominate your least favourite lure, and I'm with you on that one SSR.

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
I'm another with too many to choose just one from but mepps, Abu reflex, spinnerbaits all rank highly as do rubber shad type lures.

I have a couple of lures my local tackle shop had in a job lot of imported stuff. they are called the *Jack Rappid. the action they have in the water is excellent, I bought 6 of them years ago, I've lost a couple but I've always got them with me.

*Never caught on one yet, but I love them.

audi49

Reaction score
rapala original 3cm, for pike, perch, chub and trout. the only lure i've used thats caught me all of these fish species. i love mepps, but have to say rapalas outscore them.

noodle

Reaction score
Typical, you lot are all cheats, edging your bets or what.

The question was, what is your favourite ''lure'' not lures.

Seriously though, it's much easier to nominate your least favourite lure, and I'm with you on that one SSR.

well in that case the 4 inch smuttly in black

it is rather cute and it does dance well

the oracle

Reaction score
"and I'm with you on that one SSR"

never had you down to be a lure snob Derek ! :wh

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
"and I'm with you on that one SSR"

never had you down to be a lure snob Derek ! :wh

If I am a lure snob Gary, it must have crept up on me as I've got older. Being embroiled in this lure game for so long, even a thicky like me see's the light from time to time. But this is an interesting thread, and I was hoping that there would be more members willing to contribute. Not only their own particular favourite, but also their least favourite.

That would be most interesting, don't you think ? :wh

dezza

Reaction score
If we are talking lures, then I have to agree with Derek - spinnerbaits are king!

I have caught thousands, that's right, literally thousands of fish on spinnerbaits from large and smallmouth bass to trout, perch, catfish, tilapia, pike, tigerfish, several African barbus species and European rudd on spinnerbaits.

And I consider them a "lure" as they do not imitate or suggest any particular item of a fishes diet.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
I always feel confident with a silver colorado spinnerbait sporting a red-tipped white skirt; or did, till a tree ate it. Now I'm burgered if I can find another!

Rickrod

Reaction score
A fox pink mirco demon was my fav but ive none left now sob sob before that it was a darter by loz harrop

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
The old Big S and a Shakespeare Mr 13 (copy of the Lucky 13). Sadly I lost the Mr in a tree a couple of years ago and I've none of the old Big Ss left.

The above are (or were) my favoutites, but were they the most effective? Probably not. I went through a lure buying phase a few years ago so I've got too many to count and now I don't seem to have a real favourite, choosing a selection from what might suit the venue. My most effective are:

Shallow water

Manns stretch 1 minus
The small Musky Mania Jake
The original shallow Burt
Jointed Believer
Slug-o

Deeper water

Large copper spoon
Almost any soft plastic (the larger Storm ones are good)

Ones I've never done very well with

Shad Raps
Odyssey Pig
Shallow Squirrely Burt