Trent water level

schwendy2

Reaction score
Hi there

Does anyone live nr the Trent Nottm/newark area and can give an idea as to what levels / colour is like at the moment please?

thinking of coming down this Sunday but no sure it will be fishable.

Cheers in advance

Rich

Sharky

Reaction score
I'll take a look later this afternoon and get back to you but be prepared to be disappointed.

Sharky

Reaction score
Up a few feet on the summer levels, boiling a lot with a bit too much pace for my liking, 5"-8" visibility. Might be fine by Sunday but it depends on what the next weather front has in store. There's a helluva lot of rain forecast over the next few days coming from the west, it's not expected to get as far inland as the midlands but if any of it makes it to Derbyshire it's likely to end up in the Trent.

schwendy2

Reaction score
thanks chaps that a big help. I'll keep everything crossed then.

Not too worried about the colour as am after the zander just as long as I can get the boat out safely. Its current speed that worries me.

Rich

schwendy2

Reaction score
I was going to have a run down tomorrow to see what levels are like but I will struggle to be able to do it now.....could anyone give me an update without going out of their way?

Cheers

Rich

TJD Notts

Reaction score
Fatty

Been down to Trent Lock this morning and it looks at least a couple of feet up, well coloured and bombing through with quite a lot of crud coming through!

Skinny

klik2change

Reaction score
Ring riverline. 09066 197744.

One of the measuring points, Muskham, is actually in Newark.

It was 0.45 of metre up this morning and falling. That's around 18 inches.

kriskent2812

Reaction score
Fished very near it today & it was fast & muddy coloured, probably good for Barbel but not so good for the Pike..

schwendy2

Reaction score
thanks guys, didnt see you replies until just now.

went anyway...had a good day 4 pike between 10-12lb and a couple of zander biggest 8lb which is a new pb for the trent for me so was very happy.

It was about 2ft up and falling through the day, visibility was good considering & it certainly wasnt mucky. Ive fished it in much worse conditions and caught.

Rich