Pike Fishing In Staffordshire

S

scottyfl

Hello

Where would you recommend in staffordshire? Been told Baden Hall in Eccleshall is good,i have tried Gailey Trout Fishery which is alright but looking for somewhere new

FLUKE

Reaction score
Staffs pike

Join Stoke A S. They control Stanley Pool, Rudyard and Kypersley which all hold good pike.

Chris Hammond ( RSPB ACA PAC}

Reaction score
For something like a tenner a year you could do a lot worse than join the Staffordshire Predator Anglers Group. (SPAG) There'll be plenty of opportunuities to mix and meet with anglers from the area and gain an insight into the local pike fishing, along with the opportunity to fish at the famous Blithfied resevoir.

John Howard

Reaction score
Rudyard is a day ticket water. Stoke anglers have an arrangement that there members fish it free.

I have heard that the pike have been affected by some disease.

preston96

Reaction score
Or just face the fact that Staffordshire is damn hard......and get on the Severn ;)

John Howard

Reaction score
Or just face the fact that Staffordshire is damn hard

Very very true Paul. The main problem I believe is that as a water starts to produce good fish, the grape vine springs into action and it then gets thrashed.

Years ago Rudyard was on an up, and I reckon it was producing on average 1 20+ a week. The result up to 100 pikers over a weekend fishing it!!!! The following season very few pike caught.

There is one relatively untapped resource and thats the canals.

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
That's a spot on assessment, it happens wherever a good pike or two are reported. But then we are called selfish, if after discovering a bit of quality piking we keep shtum, other than sharing the knowledge with a ''few'' trusted friends.
But remember though, ''pike'', unlike several other species, do not respond well to pressure, regardless of where they are. And when a location is revealed that imposes a death sentence by the influx of pikers that will follow in the wake. The demise or deteriation of said piking usually taking no more than three or four years max, of this I am sure.