Attenborough Gravel Pit perch

TJD Notts

Reaction score
I'm a member of Nott's Anglers who have access to a few pits on the above site and wondered if it's worth targeting Perch on there with spinners/ lures? What sort of size do the Perch go to and are they plentiful?

Will only be fishing short sessions so spinners work well for me in that i can search out plenty of water and don't have to build a swim.

Cheers

Trevor

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
When I used to fish Attenborough a few years ago, perch were never ''plentifull'' in the strictest sense. But when located they were of a size that made the effort worthwhile. Two pound fish were not uncommon, with three pound fish turning up from time to time.

Spinnerbait, and large in-line Bucktails taking the lion's share. The problem as always on large pits is location. Corners, and any outlets are prime bets, if you follow my drift Trevor.

Oh, and by the way, prefered lure colours were always in the four/five years we fished it combinations of, chartreus and hot orange, and black and hot orange. Always a chance of a four plus there, my PB fell a couple of ounces short.

Hope this helps.

schwendy2

Reaction score
get on the Trent Trev. Weve had quite a few big perch over the last few season while fishing for the Zeds.

Its untapped potential as I'm sure no one fishes for them.

I'll give you a bell when the river sorts itself out for a day on the boat and bag you your first trent zed ;)

Rich

TJD Notts

Reaction score
I await your call Mr Richard with baited breath.

You not been out of late? Noticed that your blog hasn't been undated.

Trevir

schwendy2

Reaction score
I would try jigs Trev. theyre cheap, easy to get hold of and easy to fish which is always helpful for someone with limited ability ;)

Next Wednesday is looking good for me on the boat / Trent if you fancy it :)

TJD Notts

Reaction score
Sharky

Never understood that rule and seen plenty of people on the pits lure fishing so can't say it will stop me. If anyone asks i'll not admit to being a member of NAA.....SIMPLES!

Rich

Mid-week never any good for me because of the kids, especially this week as her who must be obeyed is working down in London. If you have spare time at a weekend i should be able to sort something out.

Cheers

Trevor

schwendy2

Reaction score
will have to wait until next season then chum as Iwan hopefully going into hosp soon and that will end my season early.

trying to get as many sessions in as the weather will allow but thats means mid week unfortunatley. I meant next Weds not this one.

R