fox micron ps drop offs

glenpointon

Reaction score
Brought a 2 nd hand pair off E bay used them for the first time last weekend not happy at all with them. The rubber button at back you need a house brick to push it down. The rods i used are not lightweight and i used a 800 bait runners spend more time playing with this alarm then a i did fishing . I email fox about them but all i had back from them was thanks for your email. I be getting me some billy back biters and putting the ps micron on Ebay i guess. As any one else used them or have i just been sold a rubbish pair .

preston96

Reaction score
i've never used them mate, but perhaps because of where the button is water can get in and partially seize the switch?

Have you tried an electric freeing spray or even good old WD40 sprayed inside?

just a thought.

Rickrod

Reaction score
Dean once you,ve put the rod back on the rest just give the rod a press down over the alarm this should make the alarm active if not you might have a duff set,hope this helps

Reaction score
I was in same position last week. I purchased a set second hand as I couldnt get a set of Mk1's (which is what I really wanted).

I thought the idea was just the rod resting on the alarm would activate the switch as well. However if you just press the rod so it clicks there is then enough weight so it dosnt deactivate.

Had a few fish on them last week and am happy they work. Certainly better than having the line skip over a front alarm and only getting 2 beeps!