I'm in the market

B

Bob Watson

I've been browsing the web and almost made my mind up on a pair (or Three) of these:

<a href=http://freespace.virgin.net/dave.lumb/baitrods.html>Either the bait blaster 2 or the P-1</A>.

G

Gerry Castles

As a general recommendation I have two Dave Lumb lure rods and am up for a third. The P1 is a more expensive option but I've heard good things about it.

B

Bob Watson

Thnx moderater G or R. The fresh air had kicked in!
Gerry, I've heard good reports about Dave Lumbs rods, they'll have to last a lifetime (I tend to buy the best I can afford at the time) so I like to get some info before I part with pennies. I'm using my avon at the mo' The P1 was my first choice but BB2 is tempting coz of the price. The waters I fish at mo would be well covered by the BB2 but I'm bound to go further afield.
Any other suggestions from anybody would be most welcome.

M

Mick Fleet

Bob if you can afford to go the extra the p1's are well worth it!
Ive had a pair now for some time and have found they do everything i ask of them..... soft enough to cast liveies but with the guts to hoss out a half bait a hell of a long way if required.
Dont expect fancy graphics or daft gimmicks.....these are serious out and out pike rods that will last a life time.

A

Andrew Webber

I agree, go with Mick. I have a set of P1s and they are brilliant!

L

Lee Bowen

I had a Fooler from Dave a few months ago, and i cannot praise it enough.

B

Bob Watson

I've been in touch with Dave, he's offered to build me two matching rods and hold one back til I can afford it. Hows that for service.
Thanks for the input lads.

L

Les Clark

Ive just been looking at Tacklebargians.co.uk,they have lure rods,reels and lures going cheap? but as I dont know what Im looking at ,I could be wrong.

M

Mark Andrew

I've got 3 x Daiwa Dictator Zs Mk2s and I cant recommend them enough. Lovely through Action but plenty of Grunt for lugging a bid bait along way.If you shop about you can get them for ?135

L

Les Clark

Mark,Ive got the same, 3lbtest Iuse them for both pike /carp, cost me a fair bit more two yrs ago but well worth the money.