FishingMagic Forums

Go Back   FishingMagic Forums > >
Register Forums Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Search Mark Forums Read

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 25-01-2003, 00:39
Bob Watson

I've been browsing the web and almost made my mind up on a pair (or Three) of these:

<a href=http://freespace.virgin.net/dave.lumb/baitrods.html>Either the bait blaster 2 or the P-1</A>.

Old 25-01-2003, 09:17
Gerry Castles

As a general recommendation I have two Dave Lumb lure rods and am up for a third. The P1 is a more expensive option but I've heard good things about it.
Old 25-01-2003, 11:17
Bob Watson

Thnx moderater G or R. The fresh air had kicked in!
Gerry, I've heard good reports about Dave Lumbs rods, they'll have to last a lifetime (I tend to buy the best I can afford at the time) so I like to get some info before I part with pennies. I'm using my avon at the mo' The P1 was my first choice but BB2 is tempting coz of the price. The waters I fish at mo would be well covered by the BB2 but I'm bound to go further afield.
Any other suggestions from anybody would be most welcome.
Old 25-01-2003, 19:39
Mick Fleet

Bob if you can afford to go the extra the p1's are well worth it!
Ive had a pair now for some time and have found they do everything i ask of them..... soft enough to cast liveies but with the guts to hoss out a half bait a hell of a long way if required.
Dont expect fancy graphics or daft gimmicks.....these are serious out and out pike rods that will last a life time.
Old 26-01-2003, 16:37
Andrew Webber

I agree, go with Mick. I have a set of P1s and they are brilliant!
Old 27-01-2003, 07:35
Lee Bowen

I had a Fooler from Dave a few months ago, and i cannot praise it enough.
Old 27-01-2003, 15:27
Bob Watson

I've been in touch with Dave, he's offered to build me two matching rods and hold one back til I can afford it. Hows that for service.
Thanks for the input lads.
Old 28-01-2003, 15:23
Les Clark

Ive just been looking at Tacklebargians.co.uk,they have lure rods,reels and lures going cheap? but as I dont know what Im looking at ,I could be wrong.
Old 28-01-2003, 21:00
Mark Andrew

I've got 3 x Daiwa Dictator Zs Mk2s and I cant recommend them enough. Lovely through Action but plenty of Grunt for lugging a bid bait along way.If you shop about you can get them for 135
Old 29-01-2003, 07:20
Les Clark

Mark,Ive got the same, 3lbtest Iuse them for both pike /carp, cost me a fair bit more two yrs ago but well worth the money.