Favourite Lures

Lewis Duffy

Reaction score
Im just wondering what lures do you favour. For me its the rapala tail dancer and close behind the rapala shad rap rs i just cant stop catching on the canal with these lures. Even when the weathers cr@p and your not catching what lure can you rely on?

PTnymph

Reaction score
At the moment my favourite lure is Cabela's Copper Daredevil and the Old Shakespeare Big 'S' in the Red hood. Had a few pike in my old local reservoir but at the moment not on my new water. But I still have faith in the lures

M

michael rouse

i rate mackeral lures.had lots of mackeral on those.

J

jason fisher

ondex spinner, and a shakespear middi s they're the only 2 i've ever caught owt on

S

stuart palfrey

Wow ,how do you narrow it down to a favourite.In summer had stacks of pike on the Poe's ace in a hole,and a spoon called an Abu atom in copper.The new small fox lures such as the mini runt are very good and produce a lot of fish.

J

Jack Pike

Salmo.s whitefish best is the firetiger. Worst lure must be the Big S

B

Budgie Burgess

A lot of people slag the Big S but it has caught a lot of fish for some.Like a lot of lures.Normally this is because the non likers of otherwise productive lures arnt working them properly but I fail to see how any one couldnt work a Big S! I have been using lures for long enough to remember how everyone said the jerk baits were crap as they had no action when you wound them in!!!

J

Jack Pike

Honestly Budgie never caught anything on a Big S .Mini and Midi S yes but Big S no

S

Sascha Welsch

I've got a Heddon Crazy Crawler in white/red head that is so shredded that the colours have almost dissapeared that has caught more summer pike than any other single lure. After that size 6 Ondex in silver/black and then a twin tailed jig in white or yellow (watch those perch go nuts!).

S

Steve Williams

Mine is probally the fox destroyer in sunbust and a close second the north land reedrunner in the orange and yellow.

P

Phil Heaton

I tend to prefer lures with a rotating bade or a tight wiggle as yuo can feel them working, tune in to them then adjust the retrieve accordingley.
The Ondex in any size is my favourite spinner and the Shakespear S in any size my favourite lure......tell me then why do I own more bloody lures than Harrises

J

jason fisher

phil that's easy, it's because they ar so shiny and you are actually genetically part magpie just like me.

Lewis Duffy

Reaction score
I think when youre lure fishing and you see something on harrises on half price us lure fisherman just buy it for the sake of it!

senan ensko

Reaction score
Amen to that. An extension of the lure buying virus is the making your own lures "to save money" virus. Ha! Spend money on all the components and still end up buying lures in the shop anyway! I definitely need help.
SE

A

Andrew Macfarlane

Good grief Senan. Are you doing that too? What a pair of right idiots we turned out to be. Professing the joys of homemade lures to everyone, only to find that we in fact spend more on lures than we ever did.
"Oh look, theres some cheap tinsel and that would work I,m sure and and and...theres some cheap beads!"
Skint.

B

Budgie Burgess

Andy and Senan you are not alone!

Favourite lures? Depends on a lot of things water depth,amount of cover,temperature/time of year and of course what you want the lure to do.

If I could have only one then it would have to be a 5" copper spoon.