Has anyone

L

Les Clark

Not much at all ,a few small jack`s,but due to xmas and flu havn`t been out a lot,so far has got to be my worst pike season for year`s.

P

Pete Denness 2

I've had a nightmare since beginning of Dec, not a thing yet.

I usually fish lures but I've tried deads & the fly too in desperation but with no luck at all.

I'm going again tomorrow to see if I can break the jinx.

PTnymph

Reaction score
I been struggling for a few months because I have started fishing at a new water. Pike have been coming out up to 20lbs. I've tried all sort of methods,spinning,deadbaiting and livebaiting but can't catch anything.

What am I doing wrong?

M

michael rouse

i caught my first pike last week and im going piking again tomorrow.

A

Andrew Webber

I'm having a pretty good season, not got out much. Actually I've only been out 3 times this season, all over the last few weeks, I 've had 6 pike, 4 singles, 1 scaper double and 1 20lb 8oz and a new PB by 6oz so I'm quite happy. Off out again tomorrow.

P

Pete Denness 2

So what methods/rigs are catching then?

Still water or River?

S

stuart palfrey

Had a 17lb last week on the wye,but the river is up and down like a whores draws,so my catch rate is not very good this new year.More rain today so up she will go.How you doing Chris,do you suffer from floods on the fens.

chef

Reaction score
sport on my local stretch can be very changeable i've not done to bad 3x16s 1x19.8 (so close)1x8 but it has been going up and down (river) so quickly its been a case of catch on week blank the next still better than being at work.

B

Budgie Burgess

Similar problems to Chef.Catching plenty when I can get on the river but it is up and down like the proverbial whores draws.Still waters plenty of fish but nothing massive.Trout res's a bit slower than most years but I think this is due to coloured water on two of them and unfortunately a good year for the nets on another.A lot of anglers local to me seem to be struggling.They all deabait exclusively.

S

sash

Slowish so far Chris. Odd nice upper double (usually to guests!!) but much slower than usual.

Problem is, whenever I get the time to go, the weather / water conditions are crap!!

K

Kevin Cox

I've been a bit more restricted to short sessions this season & i do seem to be struggling a bit, but i managed two nice pike, one over the magical mark (two & half years since the last) & a 9+ zander which was close to my PB.
But generaly it does seem slow & i've blanked a bit more than usual too.

J

jason fisher

i've found feeding fish on the thames not where they usually are in winter i must add, and they are feeding best on a low river warm overcast day, plenty of low to mid doubles but nothing to shout about.
off to a new stretch next week so i can increase my chances of that 20 from the thames.
i've also found a water capable of producing a 30 for a fiver perday ticket. so i think i might just have to give that one some investigation too.

Lewis Duffy

Reaction score
Had a few jacks this season nothing over 7lbs but mostly between 1-5lbs, not as good as last year. Could be down to the weather changing so much.

M

michael rouse

today i caught my second pike of my life which weighed in at 26 and 3 quarter lbs minus 1 and a half for the sling.What a result,25 lb 4 oz , my second pike ever.

B

Budgie Burgess

Well done Michael.I hope you really enjoyed it as Pike of that size dont come along often.

ian hewett

Reaction score
Nice fish Micheal what a way to start. What bait was it on? river or pit fish?. I had a complete blank on a shallow Essex pit today, dry all day until I start to pack up then it tips it down. I have had two pike to my name this year despite some long hours its an uphill struggle at the moment.

Andy BABBS

Reaction score
Ive not done so good this winter but none the less Ive managed 2 x 16lb pike and 2 x 12lb from the severn plus loads of jacks.Not done a 20lb this time,but Im going tomorrow (bugger the weather).Michael that is an exceptional fish well done,who un-hooked it for you? how did you feel? tight lines. Andy.