Luncheon Meat boilies

• Thread starter Dave -------------------
  • Start date
D

Dave -------------------

Quick Boilie related question can anyone tell me if they know which manufacturer does a luncheon meat boilie.
I have some but have stupidly mislaid the original bags and now can't remember for the life of me who does them.
Thanks for any help

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Not sure Dave, but Rik got me onto Meaty Marine and Iv'e started catching on that. Still a meaty boilie similar to luncheon meat in a fashion.

D

Dave -------------------

Thanks chaps, couple of follow up questions if you have time
1. are they froze or shelflife
2. do they do other sizes
3. what kind of stick do you recomend ;-)

B

Big Rik

Richworth do luncheon meat boilies, but only in small sizes.

Meaty marine..... yummy.
Shelflife yes, but not like an old shelflife, very good texture and they breakdown well.
Crumb them and mix with 2mm pellet and meaty marine groundbait and ram in a stick mix, or as Stu suggests, glug with marine pellet oil and bag in mesh.

D

Dave -------------------

ok thanks off to see if i can find some to buy locally cheers again

D

Dave -------------------

I have done a quick forum search for "stick mix" and haven't really come up with anything...is there somewhere on the site with some more detail about what this involves...are we talking about bunging ( i believe that is the correct term ) all the boilie bits and pellets in a pva bag/mesh and adding some "stick mix"..sorry if this have been covered elsewhere...sadly don't have the time to read this site much anymore...but am skiving a day at home to go to my sons sports day...

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Rik, your a bit special on the html links, wheres that stick mix article I/we done?

D

Dave -------------------

Thanks Chaps...better get down to the tackle shop then...
Stuart you mention the cost of the Korda pva, do you have a prefered online supplier of bits and pieces like that...just curious as there is such a huge choice of sites out there now...
and a personal recomendation is one way to make a choice of where to spend your cash...
I realise it's a bit of a subjective question..and again sure its covered in another thread ...anyway back to work :-(

F

Frothey

theres a green and blue advert just to the right of this thread.....

B

Big Rik

in my opinion, Korda are several years behind Gardner when it comes to PVA.

Their anti ladder micromesh stocking is superb.

B

Big Rik

whovever you buy from, make sure you buy "bolie" sized mesh and not "wide", not forgetting the funnel and plunger.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Sorry I can't hep you there as I am sponsored on my tackle and bait.....

By Rik - wahaaaaaa!

D

Dave -------------------

Ok got my plunger and stuff on order now..thanks for the assitance

S

sash

Rik,

Interesting to see your viewpoints on Gardner v Korda etc. Can I ask why? Have you undertaken some tests etc and were your conclusions down to melt time, ease of use or other considerations?

I've recently been trying other types (ie cheaper than Korda) but still not completely happy and would be interested to see some feedback.

ByNasty

Reaction score
Sorry to come in a bit late on the conversation, but Rik you said the shelf lifes are very good, is this something thats happening in general with boilies? For years I've read about frozens being so good (I've only just got onto air dried frozen maple-8's!)and now there seems to be a lot of shelf lifes that are getting marketed as being as good as frozens! It's all very confusing! I do like the sound of the meaty marines though as I tend to use the same boilie for all my fishing (carp, tench, bream, chub and barbel).
I've been off the site for a while but it's good to see you guys back and dishing out the good advice again (most of the coarse thread posters seem to be more interested in winding each other up in the bait box section)

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

I think Rik had on here an Mpeg showing the speed of the break down in a bucket, link flapper?