nice

Mick Smith 3

Reaction score
surprised no one has mentioned the picture in anglers mail of that 8lb carp,disgusting.

malc

Reaction score
I don't read any of the rags mate to be honest.

What's that all about then?

Mick Smith 3

Reaction score
dont think i have seen a fish in worse condition,why would the captor take a picture of it. hope he knocked it on the head. come to think of it i would have knocked them both on the head

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
any detail as to why the fish was in such bad condition? (I don't buy it either)

Mick Smith 3

Reaction score
dropsy or something. i wish i could stop buying the weeklys. bad habit i surpose

W

Wolfman Woody

Dropsy is a natural infection with any fish, kidney failure might be a better description. They can't get rid of water so swell up and their scales stick out like a pine cone.

Why did they publish the picture? A best catch? If so they're kidding themselves as maybe a third of it's weight would be water if it had dropsy.

I lost my oldest koi carp this year to dropsy. 26 years old he was and weighed (before the infection got bad) about 7 lbs. He's under a rhodederon bush now.

malc

Reaction score
Good fertiliser though Les!

I did the same recently with one of mine.

W

Wolfman Woody

Thing is Les, when that rhodederon blossoms in years to come, I shall still think of Jaws. About 6 years ago soemone offered me ?400 for him.

Since the other posting I have dragged a sunset gourami out of the indoor tank that looks like she had dropsy too. And even stranger, the male died too, but with no signs whatsoever. Wife says it was a broken heart. Aaaahhhhhh!