Holiday Cottages in the Wye Valley with River Frontage

Ross

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm hoping somene can help me with this one.

I'm looking to spend a week away in September in the Wye or Theme valley with the missus. We're looking for a cottage that sleeps 4 and is cottage-like with exposed beams etc and an open fire (or wood-burner) and that has a river frontage so that I can do a spot of fishing from the garden.

I'm hoping that one of you will know of such a place you can recommend.

Thanks in advance,
Ross

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know just the places on the Wye.
But with one you need to be a member of Prince Albert if you want to fish the "garden".
They are not stand alone cottages either they are grouped barn conversions and both highly recommended ..by me.

Last edited:

Ross

Reaction score
Thanks Fred... are you able to PM me some info?

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
If you get bored with the Wye you could always pop into Redmire Pool for a couple of hours carp fishing...................................on the other hand,perhaps not!

Cottages look nice but how is the fishing in summer-I seem to recall the Wye is extremely weedy at certain times of the year...............not that a bit of weed should stop you!
What sort of tackle for chub/barbel?

Ross

Reaction score
Thanks Fred, I'll take a look! And yes, I 'll let them know you recommended them.

Thanks again
Ross

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Good stuff Ross.

Tee Cee, I have to say my fishing of the Wye has taken place in October, and I can't recall weed at all.

As for tackle, it's a big river and it depends on conditions so step up the rod just a tad, say 1.75tc, with a 10lb mainline as a minimum.I use Krystonite and no problems.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Did you catch much from Mainoaks last year fred?

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I did at the Tunnel beat stretch that is on their offer, Adrian..

Put in loads of hemp to no effect at first, but the next few days they found my lure and were up for it, nothing big but plenty of fish from a very low Wye.