A Drennan website at last !

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks okay to me but runs very slowly on my netbook. Other sites, bbc, aol etc. all run very quickly on the adsl line in my office.

On my laptop at home it also didn't run all that fast either.

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Thanks TIC,

Looks excellent. Peter, haven't noticed that it was noticeably slow.

One observation, could something as unexpected as a Drennan website be a sign that the end of the world is nigh?:eek:

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
About time he came up with a web site. You just wouldn't believe how long I spent trying to find a non existant site once. Doh.

andy_venn

Reaction score
good site only i wish they could move the navigation bar form the vidieos. but in the whole a good site,about time Mr D. thanks

dezza

Reaction score
It's time old Pete (about the same age as me) had a website. I've been an avid user of virtually all (except reels) his products for many many years.

One thing about Drennan products is that they all work and are excellent value for money.

I first met Pete at an early meeting of the National Association of Specimen Groups in the 60s. He was there with another Pete, a fellow member of the Oxford Specimen Group, a man I knew for many many years - Pete Stone of course.

ESP is a Drennan company by the way.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Good news indeed!

Save me asking questions about the latest products on FM....one can only hope it will be kept up to date..

It must improve sales indirectly so why did it take so long and why did it take IC to break the news?

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Crikey, they'll be using emails next!

Well done and a giant step forward into this present century.

I still detest that name - Puddle Chucker. Yuck!:puke::eek:hno:

Last edited:

Bluenose

Reaction score
They make some great products no doubt, but like all tackle companies it's the little things annoy me. Only today I was moaning about the crappy plastic used on their oval blockend feeders and how easy it splits.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
What is the point ?? you cant buy anything from them, so you just end up going onto another shop website, or to the shop to buy it.

It's not just the feeders that split, the floats do also, I perfer **** Cleggs Floats, but the company is no longer around, just as well i bought plenty before they closed down.

michaels

Reaction score
In comparison to most other sites (and not just of a piscatorial nature), it lacks the most essential elements, contact details, e-mailing facilities and the capability of buying goods (via dealerships or retail outlets). It’s just a slightly informative advertisement. I`d have thought that a company of Drennan`s standing, it could have been done better.

Last edited:

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Some people are never satisfied...................you surely didn't expect contact details as well did you?

Yes it could be better but its a start...............and it is possible to talk to them on the phone and (speak as you find) they have always been very helpful to me...

Reaction score
It's a great website.

I finally found out after years of trial and error that I've been setting up the Driftbeater correctly purely by guess-work! :)

michaels

Reaction score
Some people are never satisfied...................you surely didn't expect contact details as well did you?

Yes it could be better but its a start...............and it is possible to talk to them on the phone and (speak as you find) they have always been very helpful to me...

Wont argue there mate, they have alway been helpful to me as well. As a early Drennan rod fan, they have helped me locate spares etc. But maybe a dealership type thingy list would be nice

ravey

Reaction score
Had a look at hooks in their product bit. Can't believe they no longer seem to do the Carbon Chub! Or super Spades in a 22!

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
I thought that a dealer list would be useful too...but then I thought you might as well just look at the Yellow Pages.

What tackle shop doesn't have a Drennan account? :D

It's like Guinness. You find that in every pub, just as you find Drennan tackle in every tackle shop.

Speaks volumes, really.

Dave Slater

Reaction score
Very pleased that Drennan at last have a website. I love their products, especially rods and floats, and I can now check what is available if I need to order anything from my local tackle shop that they do not have in stock. One thing I will be keeping an eye out for is a 2.5oz slow taper glass tip, both standard and night sight. This would be particularly useful for me as I do not like carbon tips for use on the river and the Drennan glass ones jump straight from 2oz to 3oz.