Ironbridge, river severn

N

Neil Smart

Marcus
That section is noted for its quality roach, but as its the Severn then there will also be barbel. I suppose if I was to fish it I would use a feeder set up and see what turns up.

D

dave mac

marcus
fish by the pub. last time i was there 3 quid a day loads of barbel on the bend nothing massive but plenty of them

D

dave mac

marcus
all round the 5 to 6 pound mark.
if i remember right it,s on the coalport side you have to go over the bridge with the 3 ton weight limit on it. fishing is off the rocks at the bottom of the pub lawns.

DEAN ASTON

Reaction score
ive been fishing around coalport been fishing well. last weeknd slow down alot going tomorrow afterwork see if its picked up but a lot of bait and hope the barbel come my way

john charlton 2

Reaction score
which pubs this one dave,ive fished it opposite a pub just near the rapids.this was last year a nice stretch.

DEAN ASTON

Reaction score
had a great afternoon fihing .fishing just below the fast water had 9 barbel and 5 chub nothing big but great sport. all on 8 mm pellets for some reason not had one on 14 mm pellets back again on fri after work

D

dave mac

john
sorry about delay the pubs just below the ornate weight limit bridge think it,s a single track job. might be down there myself soon all these coalport memory,s are stirring my blood

DEAN ASTON

Reaction score
did wel again 8 barbel around the 4 lb mark and loads of chub fishing the fast water. Bites dryed up so i baited up again made 10 cast with feeder full of pellets and hemp left it for a while and used a longer hook length and started catching again . River is low could do with some rain.All on 8mm pellets tryed 14 mm didnt have a touch

marcus ballam

Reaction score
Well, the hotels booked, bait bought (first batch simmering nicely :)...), down first thing friday, through to sunday evening, BRING IT ON!!!!

Any of you lads fancy meeting up?

D

dave mac

marcus
how did it go where did you stay is there any water in the severn

DEAN ASTON

Reaction score
i had a pop down and its very low im trying to fish it over the weekend early or late going to be the best time by far

marcus ballam

Reaction score
Maybe see you down there?

I checked the weather today,heavy showers forecast for thursday.

DEAN ASTON

Reaction score
thats what it needs.Last time we had showers did nothing to the river . If it rains i be down there fri after work. Bring on the rain. joking apart it could do with some low and clear at mo not the best to fish for the barbel