Fishing, it's what we're meant to do!

nicky

Reaction score
I was just sat in the back garden enjoying the last of the warm evening sun (after a stressfull day in a hot factory attending meetings etc) when i started day dreaming about being sat by the river, this got me to thinking what it is i enjoy so much about fishing.

I think the reason that we all enjoy fishing so much, is because it's ingrained into our psychy.

If we lived a few thousand years ago we would probably be hunting, fishing, gathering, and growing our own food. I'm sure that if i got envolved in any of the above as a pastime i would enjoy these very much also, infact as a teenager i used to go rabbiting and had my own dogs (yellow type characters) and loved the life that I lead, I eventually lost touch with nature untill i got back into fishing.

Fishing is deemed as cruel by alot of people, the thing is nowadays due to how many people are on the planet if everyone were to go fishing for food or pleaasure it would be too much and would probably cause problems, but i think we're the one's who have got the right idea, whats wrong with people going fishing enjoying the planet and releasing yourself from the stresses of modern day living.
Whats wrong with fishing in the scale of things, compared with the mass pollution, factory farming and destruction of this planet which is going on all around of us. I expect in time as we move further away from our roots we will stop fishing but in the meantime let us be.

B

Bully

Couldn't agree more with your sentiments.

........now go back and have another spliff!!

matt

Reaction score
lol yeh definately under the influence.
A glorious place to be,

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Deffo Nicky, that's what fishing does to you!
If it's an influence, then I'm under it too!

nicky

Reaction score
Back in work, back to normal, we'll almost.

Glad i got that of my chest, LOL