Peter Drennan Tackle

T

teecee

Many,many moons ago I used to use drennan swinger float attachments for quick changes of float.This attachment comprised a 10cm silicone tube with alloy barrel pushed into it.The barrel then retained a stainless steel ring which could be removed to enable the change to take place.A great little gadget and I have never seen better but it could not cast really big floats like zoomers etc.
I have one left now and looking for more-anyone got any ideas?

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Teece i use the drennean quick float adaptors, and get them from my local tackle shop are they different from what your talking about?

T

teecee

Thanks for the response;Yes,the Drennan quick float adaptor is very similar and does(more or less)the same job.In fact it is probably the successor to the original Swinger(too expensive to manufacture?)but just does not have the excellence in design of the original.It really is hope against hope that the Swinger can still be found but perhaps a Drennan employee can respond??
At the end of the day retaining the float on the line is the whole point and the fish don't know any different whatever I use!!

barry wagstaff

Reaction score
dear sirs do you know anybody that sells the drennan swinger float attachments , i am in need of more but cant find any in northamptoshire

Jon Jagger

Reaction score
I also use the multi weight float adaptor and I too find them excellent.