Polaris sidewinder indicator

Reaction score
I live in France and am desperate to replace my Sidewinder indicator. I know that Go Outdoors are selling off the last of this discontinued item but they will not post and I don't know anyone who lives near a store. Could anyone help me out by buying a couple and posting them to me? I really would appreciate it. I can send payment via PayPal.

robtherake

Reaction score
Reaction score
That's the one. Absolutely brilliant but I can't get one to France. The only people who seem to have them are Go Outdoors and they will not post them out.

fruitowl

Reaction score
That's the one. Absolutely brilliant but I can't get one to France. The only people who seem to have them are Go Outdoors and they will not post them out.

The site robtherake has given in the link above has a French site just click the French flag in the top right as they have this I assume they deliver to france

Reaction score
I can't get any response from the Contact form on the site so I think the company has either gone down the pan or their customer service is *rap.

Go Outdoors are also singularly unhelpful - I want to buy something from them and they can't be bothered to post.

HELP - does anyone live near a Go-Outdoors store and could they post me a couple of these http://http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/polaris-sidewinders-p295733?

B

binka

Having just watched that clip of the Polaris float set up in Rob's link but having never used one I'm just wondering how it differs from a conventional float leger rig other than you have to plumb the depth with the conventional rig?

Not that it's an issue if you're fishing over depth as you will be able to tighten down the float anyway.

I guess it would be handy in swims that are too deep for the conventional rig?

Last edited:

robtherake

Reaction score
Having just watched that clip of the Polaris float set up in Rob's link but having never used one I'm just wondering how it differs from a conventional float leger rig other than you have to plumb the depth with the conventional rig?

Not that it's an issue if you're fishing over depth as you will be able to tighten down the float anyway.

I guess it would be handy in swims that are too deep for the conventional rig?

Right on the button. Some of the gigantic Polaris wagglers that used to be available - for pike, I believe - are rated up to several ounces. They're just the thing for those windy days when you should really be legering but would rather watch a float - I was lucky enough to pick up a selection at the boot sale a couple of years since. The only issue I have with Polaris-style floats is that they can get hung-up occasionally on the retrieve if your line gets a bit scummy.

Premier floats do their own variation on the same theme, calling them Locslide floats. Slightly different method of trapping the line (horizontally, rather than vertically), but on the same principle.
Premier Float Catalogue : Locslide Leger Floats

Last edited:
Reaction score
Tackle UK list the Sidewinder as discontinued. My only hope is Go Outdoors and someone who's prepared to buy a couple for me and post them to me.

darren7478

Reaction score
Did you manage to sort some of these out?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Thanks Darren - not so far. I've just ordered a Premier Tipmaster which looks similar so fingers crossed. I'd still like to get a Sidewinder though.

darren7478

Reaction score
I only asked as I was in a go outdoors yesterday and spotted them

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk