six rods?.

flightliner

Reaction score
I read in the angling press this week that a guy had been heavily fined for using six rods while carp fishing.
For goodness sake , how many swims was he taking up on the water he was fishing?.
:eek:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I read in the angling press this week that a guy had been heavily fined for using six rods while carp fishing.
For goodness sake , how many lakes was he taking up on the waters he was fishing?.
:eek:

I've corrected that for you.:)

theartist

Reaction score
They all had six rods out when I stupidly hinted at Sherman The Gudgeon's location.

Worry not though, Sherman outwitted them all with ease! ;)

iain t

Reaction score
Did he have 2 licences for 3 rods ?. Is there a maximum number of rods you can use at just one time. Did the complex fine him or the EA. Not much info on the post

john step

Reaction score
Its wrong, its stupid, its naff, its obsessional, its what a pratt would do but just to play devils advocate, if supposing he had two 3 rod licences and the owners of the water didn't object and supposing runs were few and far between, why would the judiciary want to be involved if no harm was done.

Any thoughts anyone?

sam vimes

Reaction score
Did he have 2 licences for 3 rods ?. Is there a maximum number of rods you can use at just one time. Did the complex fine him or the EA. Not much info on the post

Four is the maximum permitted, but further fishery rules usually limit it further. I've seen suggestions from some to suggest that it's illegal to use more than two rods on flowing water, but I've yet to see anything concrete to substantiate that.

thecrow

Reaction score
Its wrong, its stupid, its naff, its obsessional, its what a pratt would do but just to play devils advocate, if supposing he had two 3 rod licences and the owners of the water didn't object and supposing runs were few and far between, why would the judiciary want to be involved if no harm was done.

Any thoughts anyone?

I would agree that if those conditions prevailed it was harming no one or more importantly no fish, personally if that was the case I could see no reason for the EA or whomever else to get involved.

Don't know if this works.................... didn't work as usual for me but if one googles "angler caught using 6 rods" the story is there

The bloke must have been an idiot as the biggest water on the complex is 8 acres

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
Four is the maximum permitted, but further fishery rules usually limit it further. I've seen suggestions from some to suggest that it's illegal to use more than two rods on flowing water, but I've yet to see anything concrete to substantiate that.

I actually didn't realise there was a 4 rod limit, although I couldn't imagine coping with 4.

flightliner

Reaction score
You can just imagine the scenario where some angler appears on the opposite bank/ far corner/ tiny bay to the extreme left or right and begins to assemble his tackle only to hear "Oi!!!! i,m fishing there " ! .
Ok thinks the angler, so casting to another spot he hears the exact same thing, then again and again - - - - -

Philip

Reaction score

Any thoughts anyone?

Thats pretty much my outlook too. If it impacts no one then why not ?

Personally I cant see allot of difference from an ethics point of view of fishing say 4 rods or 6 rods...your still fishing "allot" of rods.

I often fish with 4 rods when I am Carping however I always felt it was perhaps 1 too many, mainly from a logistical point of view..too many lines in the water and having to lug em all to the swim.

iain t

Reaction score
Never knew four rods was the max. Makes sense now. 2 rods is over the top sometimes.