Confessions

mikench

Reaction score
Hi my name is Mike and .......I think I need a bivvy!:rolleyes:

Not really but a better brolly system might suit me on some of the larger waters I have been frequenting . Does anyone use either the Trakker Brolly or the Chub 50" Supa Brolly . I will not be sleeping in it or staying overnight in it unless Nigella takes up fishing!:rolleyes:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The 60inch wychwood is a good one Mike, I have one myself. It has a 5year guarantee and a 10,000 waterproofness! They do an overwrap for it which is also 10,000 proof. The overwrap makes it into a bivvy really so is very handy. I'm saving up for an overwrap myself :).

flightliner

Reaction score
Hope you find what you want Mike, me, I,m just waiting for another one to expose itself laying in the margins of the lower Trent when the tide goes out!

mikench

Reaction score
And I reckon you will probably find one too!:wh

Ian the 50" version looks good so will have a look! That also has the overwrap if required!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And I reckon you will probably find one too!:wh

Ian the 50" version looks good so will have a look! That also has the overwrap if required!

Try looking at both Mike, I know 10 inches doesn't sound much but it makes a massive difference when sitting underneath it. It's better to have plenty room rather than being cramped up and i'm confident in saying you'll regret getting a smaller version. I know your not looking to buy a bivvy but a 60inch version with the wrap gives you the best of both worlds....just something for you to think over as the price difference isn't much ;).

YouTube

Roto Fryer

Reaction score
i have a trakker brolly and moved onto it after my aqua armadillo. wonderful piece of kit. tight compared to a bivvy but every bit as waterproof etc.never even got front panels for it and was absolutely fine in all weather conditions. you may have to upgrade your sleeping bag if you keep it open in the cooler months. :eek:

mikench

Reaction score
Presumably (cooler months) not a problem for you.:)

I cannot see me doing an overnighter!;)