Returning to fishing after about 20yrs!

bluepoolshark

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm based in Lowestoft, Suffolk and I'm returning to coarse fishing after about a 20yr break! Used to spend pretty much every weekend of my early teens fishing ponds and the broads with my brother but stopped for one reason or another.

Now my 5yr old son has been asking to go fishing for a while and my brother has also recently got back into it, I now have the urge to start again, so spending most of my time looking into new gear!

john step

Reaction score
Welcome back. Keep us posted about your progress/exploits on the HOW DID YOU GET ON thread.

Another Dave

Reaction score
Welcome to FM, its surprising the amount of ex anglers that are returning to fishing :)

Aye, seems like a welcome trend is forming.

bluepoolshark, hello mate. Buying gear gets addictive so take your time and get it right. What kind of waters do you have in mind? Have you spent ages checking google earth to see if your old ponds are still there? Silly question?

greenie62

Reaction score
Welcome back to angling - and welcome to the FM Madhouse.

Take your time purchasing new gear - you'll be surprised how much it can cost - you'll get plenty of reccommendations from this forum if you ask - and probably end-up starting a 'war' - with some proponents being (over-)keen on some brands!:)

Tight Lines:thumbs:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And a welcome from me too:thumbs: My sabbatical lasted slightly longer at 40 years, having fished as a teenager for a couple of years.

I bought some cheap gear to start, thinking this would be a fad not to last, how wrong could I be:eek:

bluepoolshark

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. Popped over to my local Angling Direct and got some excellent help so picked up a rod, reel and a few other bits. Got a used seatbox for next to nothing on facebook, and a kids rod kit for my boy so we are pretty much ready to roll!

Checked out and a couple of the places we used to go are still there so may head down and have a go. Other than that gonna will probably go to the fishing lakes at Wrentham or Beccles

greenie62

Reaction score
..... so we are pretty much ready to roll!.......

Don't forget yoir EA Licence!
At least they're 'proper' Annual now - so you don't have to wait for 1st April!

Tight Lines:thumbs:

Last edited: