Prologic Chair.

yorkieman

Reaction score
Anyone bought a Prologic fishing chair ?
Done a search on FM but nothing as to reviews comes up.

Is it better to have separate adjustable legs or just two at the front which quite a few manufacturers seem to be making now.

mikench

Reaction score
I have no knowledge of this chair but have bought 2 ! One is a Kodex Full Monty chair and the other is a Korum accessory chair! They are very different in design and the Korum is heavy! I bought the Korum having sat in it and the other was a present from my kids! I am 6" and like my chairs to be set high rather than low as I find them more comfortable that way! Mine are comfortable but what suits me may not suit you!

Weight, easy of setting up and comfort are the important criteria to take into account and you are best trying a chair out! The JRC stealth is very light and comfortable as other members will attest to! If I just wanted a chair and no attachments I would buy this one!

B

binka

Is it better to have separate adjustable legs or just two at the front which quite a few manufacturers seem to be making now.

I would imagine that just two adjustable front legs is a cheaper alternative to one with four and in a very competitive market that might be the driving factor why a few are going down that route.

I think you need to look at what kind of waters you want to use your chair on, if you are fishing from platforms or reasonably flat banks then front adjusting legs should suffice as they will give you the adjustment needed to set the back rake if there is no specific back rake adjustment, as well of course as levelling the front legs.

If you're fishing rivers or any uneven natural banking then I would be inclined to look for a chair with four adjustable legs and don't forget that many will be fine on very steep banks with the rear legs left folded up and just the front extended, which is how I often use mine on the river.

yorkieman

Reaction score
I've read most of the chair reviews on FM and they all have a problem area..... like legs not locking etc.

Seen the Prologic on the auction site and it seems ok for build etc, but now with the FM search facility I've opened up a can of worms and the Korum sounds excellent so will check this one out.

Obviously what suits one doesn't another ?

iain t

Reaction score
I find the Prologic chair very comfortable for a 6 hour session so. Well Padded in the right areas. Even with the extra padding, it is lighter than my old compact chair. The only minus is the alloy extending legs. These are made from a very thin walled alloy tube. Saying that they are strong enough for my 16st frame. The tubing is standard diameter for fishing chairs so i can exchange for my old ones if needed. Plus points are the extra bracing on the cross member.The chair is kept closed with strap whilst in transit. Where you would normaly find rivets, Prologic have used nuts and bolts. I paid £17.50 in an auction on Fleebay plus £14.95 for post. Overall i give it 8.5 out of 10
. s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

yorkieman

Reaction score
Thanks for that review appreciated.

Will have to get a proper chair as the one I have (£8 camping type) is giving in to my 15st...lol.

There's a very large tackle shop in Leeds which I'll have to visit and try some chairs out but I hate going because its a nightmare with traffic.

That Korum looks the business though.

Last edited:

yorkieman

Reaction score
Re Prologic -

Yes Iain t, thats the place on fleebay ( Darlington) where I first saw this chair and looks ok for the money.
Thought it was a BIN item (£48 ) but now you've paid that amount may have a punt!

What's the material like as I don't fancy feeling the frame poking through ?

Thanks again.

iain t

Reaction score
That's the main factor for me. No intrusion of the frame. The material feels hard wearing and well stitched together. Maybe waterproof definite water resistance. It's the same stuff you find on higher priced chairs. The arms are removable by taking 2 bolts out. As these are not part of the structure, they don't look like they will affect the strength if removed.
Whilst river fishing i hardly use the rear legs, i usually just push the rear frame into the bank slope.
Below is the old chair. Mine was without arms. This lasted not even a year. The locking pins are worn making the holes larger allowing the chair to rock. The material over the front of the seat frame wore away. The extending legs wobbled. It also feels a tad heavier than the Prologic. Also, the rivets are working loose.A very uncomfortable chair
s-l500.jpg

yorkieman

Reaction score
It used to be the more expensive the item the better the product but its now "what will they pay" and this applies for just about anything today.

I will be on the river Calder in June which is totally new to me, and having a walk around the location noticed all the pegs were very steep so its handy that the rear legs fold on the Prologic chair.

The cost of the Prologic....
£14.95 P&P
On average selling cost £18 !!
Makes me wonder what the true cost of this chair is ?
Also those thin legs ? maybe ok in vertical pressure but the slightest lateral movement and bump.

Last edited:

yorkieman

Reaction score
Yes Mike I did notice that thanks.
I've been viewing chairs now for over a week and I'm totally confused with so many models available. I called in Go Outdoors yesterday to sit in the TF Chill-Out chair ( the model without arms ) and that's where the confusion started.

If I can get the Prologic for £18 + PP ( auction ) I'll be happy.

mikench

Reaction score
There are dozens and I am sure that most are fine! The reality of checking one out in a tackle shop is that you cannot sit in one for hours or sit down and get up repeatedly! In other words it is a matter of luck if your chosen chair proves comfortable for you! Chairs to which you can add accessories are fewer in number!

yorkieman

Reaction score
Actually when I started looking around for a proper chair the most important thing was comfort but now the accessory chair could be handy.
The commercial I use as one problem - rubble just under the surface which makes it hard for me to use my rests etc. So the accessory chair could be a great idea but like you say "not many to choose from" ?

I reckon learning latin is easier than purchasing a fishing chair... lol.

yorkieman

Reaction score
Mikench, I was looking at the reviews of the JRC stealth chair and I must agree they receive a excellent report as to comfort, so its a shame that the model with arms ( which I want ) have only two front adjustable legs and the other model with four adjustable legs don't have arms.

Think it would be better having four adjustable legs as FM members have pointed out ?

And thanks for all the feedback as its really appreciated.

B

binka

The commercial I use as one problem - rubble just under the surface which makes it hard for me to use my rests etc. So the accessory chair could be a great idea but like you say "not many to choose from" ?

A few have had a go at it over the years and you have to ask yourself why?.

I've been down that route and apart from where there is really no alternative I prefer to keep things separate from the chair for various reasons, not least that every time you move the stuff on trays, rests etc. moves with you and avoiding the dreaded 'sag' of side trays and extended front rests is not an easy thing.

I wonder if it's the reason that they've not really gone that mainstream apart from certain exceptions such as the Korum.

Interesting really as you would think the same applies to seatboxes but when I had mine I suffered none of the problems I found with accessory chairs.

john step

Reaction score
Mikench, I was looking at the reviews of the JRC stealth chair and I must agree they receive a excellent report

Funnily enough I have just ordered JRC Stealth chair, choosing this as it supposed to be light. I will post a review when it arrives and has some use. My trusty CHUB chair has given up the ghost and gone to Binka Land.

yorkieman

Reaction score
John Step, which model JRC did you go for, was it with the arns or without.

If its the one with arms ( only two adjustable legs ) I would certainly like to know how the rear support legs work on uneven ground.

john step

Reaction score
John Step, which model JRC did you go for, was it with the arns or without.

If its the one with arms ( only two adjustable legs ) I would certainly like to know how the rear support legs work on uneven ground.

Its the one without arms and four adjustable legs. I find arms on chairs very very handy for banging the funny bone in my elbow!!!