Latex landing nets

David Gane

Reaction score
One of the best innovations in predator angling in the last few years so far as I have been concerned has been latex coated landing nets. The reduction in the number of occasions when treble hooks tangle in the net making unhooking a lively pike pretty hard work is dramatically reduced and I now consider them an essential bit of kit.

I've had two or three large latex coated net heads for some years and they have given good service. Sadly though they are now on their last legs, so I went to my local tackle shop to buy a couple of new ones over the weekend. Where did they go? I was able to find a small number of complete nets costing £40 - £50 apiece, but as I already own several landing net handles all I wanted was to buy net heads which should work out a good bit cheaper.

My dealer told me that he has been unable to source net heads on their own for some time now and a search on the internet proved him to be right.

I'm assuming that it's the usual money thing. Manufacturers want to increase the price of everything and refuse to sell what the customer actually wants - but I really don't see why I should be forced to buy (non-threaded) handles I don't want.

Can anyone advise on a source for what is now a surprisingly scarce item please?

steve2

Reaction score
Nets this small wouldn't be allow on my club waters when fishing for pike. There are much bigger nets available on ebay.
Don't seem to be any of my much preferred large round nets.

David Gane

Reaction score
Well, I’d agree that something a bit bigger would be preferable Steve but that’s where I came in. I just can’t find what I want. I have seen the 42” nets on eBay, but I fish with lures and so am mobile and those things are actually too big for what I want. Very frustrating.

Last edited:

steve2

Reaction score
I agree large triangle nets are pain when mobile lure fishing. That why I use 30 and 36inch round nets. Most other latex nets are now grossly over priced.

john step

Reaction score
I know you want just the net but have you seen Savage gear nets. They do a large version with latex netting for about £38.

When you factor in the fact that they are ideal for roving as they fold down and they are definitely large enough for large pike (boasting again ) the price doesn't seem too bad for a purpose made item.

Mine has lasted several years already and I am not particularly over careful with tackle.

keora

Reaction score
One of the best innovations in predator angling in the last few years so far as I have been concerned has been latex coated landing nets. The reduction in the number of occasions when treble hooks tangle in the net making unhooking a lively pike pretty hard work is dramatically reduced and I now consider them an essential bit of kit.

I've had two or three large latex coated net heads for some years and they have given good service. Sadly though they are now on their last legs, so I went to my local tackle shop to buy a couple of new ones over the weekend. Where did they go? I was able to find a small number of complete nets costing £40 - £50 apiece, but as I already own several landing net handles all I wanted was to buy net heads which should work out a good bit cheaper.

My dealer told me that he has been unable to source net heads on their own for some time now and a search on the internet proved him to be right.

I'm assuming that it's the usual money thing. Manufacturers want to increase the price of everything and refuse to sell what the customer actually wants - but I really don't see why I should be forced to buy (non-threaded) handles I don't want.

Can anyone advise on a source for what is now a surprisingly scarce item please?

I use a Korum 30 inch latex net for pike fishing. I broke one after two seasons use, but there was nothing better in the wide range of nets in the tackle shop, so I bought an identical one last year.

They are good, lightweight ( for the size ) nets, fairly robust - I landed a pike just over 21 pounds earlier this year.

Latex Folding Spoon Nets | Korum | Korum: Fish For Everything

stillwater blue

Reaction score
Wasn't there a thread about rubberising any landing net?

I'm sure it was a simple as buying liquid latex off ebay and then getting messy with a sponge and leaving the whole thing to dry.

steve2

Reaction score
Was in Decathlon store yesterday they were selling savage gear foldup landing nets with handle for £25.

Philip

Reaction score
I believe Garbolini make a rubber oval landing net head...not massive but a resonable size that should be ok for Pike up to about Mid doubles...very light too.

Shakespere also do a large round rubber net ...its similar to the Savage gear one but the net head does not fold. I got one a while back, its a little heavy but looks to be a good sturdy net.