Perch sliding float

Tree123

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a good sliding perch float for use on fair deep rivers on a paternoster set up with minnows I have pike sliders but there far to larger for perch. I use normal dreannan bobbers on stillwaters

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Sensas used to market a Bolo slider float that took up to 15g, and also a Central Slider balsa float for small livebaits that looked like the old Pike pilot floats from yesteryear . . . .

Hope that helps . . . . .

Philip

Reaction score
If you cant find a suitable one available in a shop you could choose a polyball of the size you want then push a bit of stiff rig tube through the middle and glue it in place.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I recently bought one of these floats, expensive but beautifully made with adjustable weights, don’t see why they wouldn’t work a treat for perch.

Peacock Slider Straight

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Zeppler | Drennan International

These are okay in the smaller sizes for live baiting.

If you want a smaller or more streamlined float you could try modifying a pellet waggler by putting some eyes on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

valetudoguy

Reaction score
Wine cork with one of those lollipop tubes pushed through or the same thing with a beer can widget instead of a wine cork.

Tree123

Reaction score
Sensas used to market a Bolo slider float that took up to 15g, and also a Central Slider balsa float for small livebaits that looked like the old Pike pilot floats from yesteryear . . . .

Hope that helps . . . . .

I managed to find some of these so got on in 3g and 2g

Zeppler | Drennan International

These are okay in the smaller sizes for live baiting.

If you want a smaller or more streamlined float you could try modifying a pellet waggler by putting some eyes on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planning to getting a few of these in 5g to give a go