Opinion Piece ? Anti-Anglers

Mr.Mac

Reaction score
Cricky Mate,

Could'nt put it better myself.

The "anti's"of all descriptions are all about stopping folk enjoying their lawful hobbies.I know from experience(though not through Angling)that they are a vicious self serving mob who will stop at nothing,including underhand tricks)to further their misguided ideas.Even sader is the fact that they are mostly funded by a few rich misguided b****ds.there is also the fact from what I have read,that they only attack the weak and those less able to defend themselves.

chub angler

Reaction score
Antis /forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/dont_tell_anyone_smiley.gif.

D

Dave Slater

Leftie, tree hugging tossers. And that's being polite.

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

barry dix

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with being a lefty, protecting trees, or the odd toss, but leave fishing alone why don't ya!

Wiktor z Polski/Dr. Wodka

Reaction score
Nice writing Jeff!one thing that I don't agree with all this is the killing side.Either fish or a deer etc should not be killed and the true is if not the humans there will be much more wild life around us then it is now.We done it (killing)and still do by our way of live.Occupying most of the animal habitats driving cars and chopping trees .The list is endless.I still love fishing and carrying for all animals including humans but again don't agree with killing either of them at sea, fresh water or in the forest etc.But thats only me.

ps

I`m left wing,and won`t allow anybody to cut them off, and yes I did hug some trees before /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

M

MarkTheSpark

Just one point, Jeff. I would very much like to see the closed season return across the board but not as some peace offering to PETA; because I think it's good for the environment and, as I've said very many times, a closed season is observed by all field sports.

But in every other respect I agree completely. We have a nation of people who think that everyone else's entertainment is wrong. I've done a bit of off-roading. Less than 2% of all byway is legally accessible to vehicles, and the ramblers even want that stopped. And because off-roaders are outnumbered 10/1 by walkers, they'll succeed; nobody cares whether they have a good reason, might is right.

And that's where angling will slip up in this increasingly urbanised world, in which so very few people have any connection whatever with the countryside.

Wiktor z Polski/Dr. Wodka

Reaction score
I like your pix above.I hope this is not a bloke dressed as a women.And what is she holding in her left hand, it wonders me? Just to brake the ice/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice piece Jeff,

. . . but the cynic inside of me tells me that in time to come you will use this article as a 'hook' upon which to hang your closed season arguments upon.

[ insert wise-looking smiley face - - - - > H E R E ]

D

Dave Slater

Just read the article again Jeff,

It is not often that I agree with every point made in an article, but I do in this one. Very well written and puts over some very relevant points.

M

MarkTheSpark

Wictor. Imagine yourself walking along a queue of cheerleaders who are all standing on a bench. Mmmmmmmm

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
mooning.jpg

Message to Anti-anglers

W

Wolfman Woody

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Peter Jacobs wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Nice piece Jeff,

. . . but the cynic inside of me tells me that in time to come you will use this article as a 'hook' upon which to hang your closed season arguments upon.

[ insert wise-looking smiley face - - - - > H E R E ]</blockquote>

NOT AT ALL PETER!

I only mentioned the close season in it because quite a few thought that by upholding it we would look better in the eyes of the antis.

BIG MISTAKE!

I see a lot of people are annoyed by anti-anglers but please, please, PLEASE, stop making comments about appeasing them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Graham,

Will you please refrain from taking your camera around those areas popular for dogging. It's not nice.

Nick Lynch

Reaction score
This isn't our problem, it's theres! If they don't like what we do thenlet them worry and lose sleep over it, 'cos I aint. It's a big problem in this country with everything, people worrying about what other people think. pffffffff. I'm going to carry on regardless of what the anti's say or do. I know I use hooks to catch fish, and I know the risks involved in fishing. I also know I regard fish as animals with a right to live a good healthylife, this is why I use barbless hooks, the correct bait, mats,proper sizenets, etc. etc.

WE AS ANGLERS HAVE MORE RESPECT FOR FISH THAN ANY OTHER HUMAN BEING ON THIS PLANET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Dave Slater

I have become an anti.

Anti Gary Barlow !!!

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif