Going on holiday to Aberglaslyn near Beddgelert

Matthew Nightingale (ACA)

Reaction score
My wife has, in a moment of apparent brilliance, has booked us a cottage near Snowdon in a place called Aberglaslyn near Beddgelert. It appears that the cottage has a river at the bottom of the garden upon which fly fishing may be arranged. Not sure which river it is as the OS map isn’t clear; it may be the Afon Glaslyn. It flows out of a ‘loch’ named Llyn Dinas. Anyone know the area and can give me any gen. Going in July.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

THE ABERGLASLYN PASS
300px-Aberglaslyn_Pass.jpg

The scenery is stunning ....

Ithink Llyn Padarn is pretty close by .... Trout,perch and some BIG eels

Trawsfynydd isn't too far away either --There used to be some BIG perch in there ...

Tom Rigby 3

Reaction score
Night fly fishing on the river for sewin in low water with some chances of catching one in the day too.

The contact for the Glaslyn angling association is:

Enid Edwards 7, High Street, Penrhyndeudraeth. Tel: 01766770339 e-mail: enid.edwards@deudraeth.net
Information can also be found on the village web site
www.penrhyndeudraeth.cymru.org

alan

Reaction score
went camping in the Beddgelert area a few years ago. forget the fishing, such a lovely area with so much to dont waste the time you have there.

the old mines are well worth a visit, the underground power station biggest man made cavern, the slate mines opposite snowdon railways, offer very cheap train rides and free(was) access to the slate mines.

porthmadog got some very nice sandy beeches to drive your car on to.

dont forget the trip up snowdon, breathtaking on a nice day. very expensive if you take the train up.

hoping to head back there next year.

Morespiders

Reaction score
The river looks superb where it runs through the park in Beddgellert, also go look at Gellert's grave in the park, also Llyn Llydaw and Glaslyn lakeat the side of the Miner's track going upYr Wyddfacontain wild trout if you fancy the walk , Crystal clear and unfished.

On the road from Capel Curig to Beddgelert you have two lakes on the left hand side about half a mile outside Capel Curig , then just before you get to Beddgelert on the right hand side you have Llyn Gwynant, which flows into Llyn Dinas,

If thats not enough you have Llyn Ogwen in the Ogwen valley on the A5 from Capel Curig, these lakes hold some really good fish, dont think it's easy though

Morespiders

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Matt Corker wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>I agree Derek</blockquote>
You wont when my hands are round your neck./forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif