What would you do?

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I have had a mate on the phone, listen to this.

A week before the close season, an Angler in my mates club caught a 29lb 7oz Pike from his club lake. He has just found out that the pike wasn't returned to the lake, but into the River running behind the lake.

Two other Anglers also there fishing for Pike, removed 5 double figure Pike, and killed 3 others up to double figures. There are witnesses to all that went on.

He asked if it should be reported to the EA, I said yes, it's illegal fish movement. The committee think they are whiter than white, and members do not stand up and say what needs saying, it's very clicky.

he is worried they will find out it's him who told the EA, if he reports it, I told him, don't worry, if you don't tell the EA, I will.

What would you do??.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Yep, grass em up! Firstly to the club, if they take no action get the E.A involved.

The club will have no choice but to give them a lifetime ban, or the club will have to deal with the E.A for illegal fish movements by it's members.

Why did the "anglers" remove and kill the pike?

I hope they don't mind being pestered by jacks in a couple of years time!

GoodOldBoy

Reaction score
I would report them...

They have broken what must be one of any clubs golden rules i would suspect as well as possibly putting any desiesed fish into a river that could infect other fish and spoil it for ALL anglers!

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
I would speak to the club's organisers and ask them to take necessary action against the members that were guilty of these accusations. I would also make sure that any witnesses were willing to come forward and colaborate your friends claims as it would add weight and pressure to the allegations.

Failing that, you could remove the afore mentioned guilty parties from the water they are fishing and throw them in the river with the Pike lol.

Report it to the club officials,and if no action is taken involve the EA.I am sure that they would be more than willing to investigate the allegations, and the club organisers as to what action should be taken, and any legal implications which may apply to the accused anglers and the club.

Tight Lines /forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
It's not worth reporting the Angler's to the committee, the committee know all about it, and are happy the pike have been removed, I did say they were clicky.

I am going to contact the EA tomorrow, will also be giving them the detail's of the witnesses, but the EA can not name the member's to the club, or that's it for them and their membership.

Ido know one of the committee members, so i may make a call to him, just to make sure the club don't have a current section 30 for removing fish, even if they do, they have no right to put the pike into the River, as we all know, that's how fish decease spreads.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Report them, also the hierarchy of the club, they were well aware of what was going on and obviously condoned their actions, so are just as much to blame

Another club with older members, still living in the dark ages, you cannot believe in these enlightened times these things still go on

Let The Whitehead know about it as well, perhaps he could bring it to the attention of other clubs that you dont do these sort of things

W

Wolfman Woody

Two questions -
  1. Is the lake directly connected to the river, an outfall or something?
  2. In times of flood, do the river and lake become the same?
  3. How do you stop this sodding counter?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Woody (the Moaning Marlow Meldrew) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Two questions -
  1. Is the lake directly connected to the river, an outfall or something?
  2. In times of flood, do the river and lake become the same?
  3. How do you stop this sodding counter?
</blockquote>
That's three!

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Woody,

The River and Lake are not conected in any way, and do not flood into each other,

as for the counter, stop pressing the number buttons

The bad one

Reaction score
You find me a good stout tree in the location, I've got plenty of rope to hang the bloody lot of em.'

Other methods of dealing with them are also available free of charge on request! /forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I agree wholeheartedly with reporting them to the EA but a problem may arise when witnesses are asked to make a statementbecause they can't act on secondhand information, would they be prepared to put their head above the parapet and maybe face reprisals from the club concerned? I would and I know others on here would but when push comes to shove is when the weak willed suddenly decide they didn't actually witness anything, the "its nothing to do with me" attitude usually wins the day.