Merry Christmas ho ho ho

S

Stewart Bloor

Well this morning I walk into the front room and I obviously triggered of the sensor even though it was in the box. You'll never guess what greeted me? TAKE ME TO THE RIVER..THROW ME IN THE WATER...
YES, I'm the now the proud owner of a Big Mouth Billy Bass, courtesy of Mrs Sedge

A

Alan Cooper

Merry Christmas Sedge and everyone. No Billy Bass for me (but I love 'em!) although I am now the proud owner of a new extra large capacity pneumatic-wheeled Shakespeare trolly - should be able to get the box + carry all and even the holdall on it, I hope.

C

Carp Angler

I didn't get a Billy Bass, but I did get a COOL CATFISH that sings "bad to the bone"

G

Goose Ganderton

Merry xmas all. I to am now the proud owner of Billy Bass also a copy of John Wilsons 50 years of fishing, a fishy paperweight and a photo frame that has a rod and line around it which I am going to put a picture of the first Carp that I caught (22Ib Mirror) and a Bass key ring where you pull out a line which has a bait fish on and the Bass go's up the line and eats the bait fish. All great fun.

P

peter webber

I got a wall plack of a perch, a new flask ( i broke my old one a few weeks back ) and gift vouchers for my local tackle shop. Boy will I have fun spending them.

M

Malcolm Bason

Happy New Year to one and all!!!! I got some fishy things for xmas - a few hair rigs, a handy box and a carp sack that was supposed to be a wighing sling - ah well, she did try!! LOL - Whilst on the subject of gifts: I am new to carp fishing having begun in earnest this year - I don't have anyone local whom I can ask and learn from - so can anyone recommend a good book(s) that explain in great detail how to make up one's own rigs, etc.....?

G

Goose Ganderton

Hi Malcolm and a happy new year to you. One of the best books for new carpers I think is The Beekay Guide to Starting Carp Fishing. Its by Julian Cundiff and realy covers everything you need to start including tackle, rigs,baits, fish location, plumbing up and conservation. For someone new to Carp fishing its a good place to start and its small enough to slip into a pocket for when you go. Good Luck.

M

Malcolm Bason

Thank you very much Goose - I will look for it and BUY it!

C

Carp Angler

Malcolm

Alternatively, post any questions you have here on the BB, I'm sure we'd be able to solve most problems that you have.

N

Neil Wayte

I got a new passion over christmas and thats Chub fishing.Love it.

S

Steve Baker

Cool you all sound like big kids, i got this for christmas....i got that for chrismas...... Well chaps i got a john wilson avon quiver and a micron m bite alarm and i am well pleased. Problem is ive turned into a fine weather fisherman (or a wimp) so i wont use them till march. Cant wait...