Cheeky F***ker

Nathan

Reaction score
Surely they cant do that?! That's just theft!!

Also, if we have an article published on the site does that mean Fly & Fish own the copyright to it?

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Reaction score
Its not just odd bits ---It's the whole thing ......

Doesn't this cover the copyright thing :

2. COPYRIGHT
All Website design, text, graphics, and the selection and arrangement thereof, and all source code and all other material on this Website are copyright Fish & Fly Ltd or its content providers, unless otherwise expressly indicated. All rights reserved. You are permitted to print or download extracts from this material for your personal use only. None of this material may be used for any commercial or public use. No part of the Website or any material appearing on the Website may be reproduced or stored in or transmitted to any other web site. No material appearing on the Website may be disseminated in any form, either electronic or non-electronic, nor included in any retrieval system or service without the prior written permission of Fish & Fly Ltd. Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited. You agree that you will not (and will not assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.

Frothey

Reaction score
I'm not that bothered as FM's stuff appears all over the web, the carp articles (not just mine) appear quite a lot in Israel for example - though would've been nice to have been asked. I only found it as I was looking for something completely different and the title popped up!

Whether FM/F&F are bothered though is a totally different thing.....

Nathan

Reaction score
Frothey - I think they fact you couldn't be bothered to ask or at least quote your articles as a 'reference' is the biggest p*ss take. Thats your hard work that someone has just passed off as their own. Totally not on in my books.

Jeff - does your statement above that mean any articles you have published on the site cant be used elsewhere?
I was planning on doing an article soon & i know someone on another site that may want to use it & i dont want to get myself in trouble with copyright laws :D

jcp01

Reaction score
Whoever owns the copyright of these articles must tell (not ask) the owners of this site to pay them the going rate, withdraw the articles right now or face prosecution. And you must mean it, and follow through if they don't comply within a time scale that you set as reasonable.

If the copyright owner does not do this then they will feel free to do it whenever and to whoever they feel, and others will get the clear message that it is OK too.

It's a very serious business indeed - theft of intellectual property, and there is no difference whatsoever between intellectual and material property under the law.

There is, however, a very real difference in reality.

Imagine that you design and build a nice wendy house for your daughter, then in the morning of her birthday you go out to the garden only to find that someone has nicked it. Well, with intellectual property that wendy house that you designed can be stolen every night thereafter, like a recurring nightmare, if you don't ring fence it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
On the plus side...

At least they're archived nicely :j

But still bare-faced cheek and plagurism of the lowest order...

It's not even like it'd be difficult to ask permission

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
One idea is for us all to sign on to the site and post against all of these articles calling the man a plagiarist and a charlatan, a cad and a boundah.

Ridicule the man. As Frothey says, the site doesn't know, unless he runs the site of course.

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:19 ----------

Doesn't the management (Richard H) of FM need to be informed about it .... and let him take it up with them
He does and he has, but seems little he can do. Law proceedings cost a fortune... .... .... .... .... .... .....

WINDY, HELP!!!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I was just about to join the site when I noticed their rules :eek:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.

You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason. We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.

After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.

Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.

Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
WTF???
Look at what I highlighted in bold!

Frothey, post the rules to them mate!

Last edited:

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Jeff - does your statement above that mean any articles you have published on the site cant be used elsewhere?
I was planning on doing an article soon & i know someone on another site that may want to use it & i dont want to get myself in trouble with copyright laws

Strictly speaking, when you write a piece for FM and give it to us, we own the rights to reproduce it and sell (or give) it to another site if we so wish. However, I think I'm right in saying that the original copyright rests with you and with some small adaptations, if only because another site would want to be seen following on, you could sell or give it to another site. It's your intellectual property, in your brain and you could churn it out in many different forms to suit almost any publication.

If you wanted to send it to two different sites, it's best to state that when submitting it and if the site owners have no problem, then neither have you.

---------- Post added at 19:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

I see the latest user over there is FMEDITOR...
Yes, I've had a damned good go at him. I suggest we all do the same and press the "MODERATOR" button, just type "PLAGIARISM!" or "COPY" if you can't spell plagiarism. :D

jcp01

Reaction score
Copyright law is very clear when it comes to intellectual property infringed in order to profit, however, it is all fuzzy and imprecise when it comes to infringement not for profit...!

So, 'Deliberate infringement of copyright on a commercial scale may be a criminal offence' according to the government's Intellectual Property Office

Below that line it is a 'private right', so, if someone nicks your work and does not use it to make cash directly then it is up to you to take appropriate action in whatever legal way you can, so shouting the 'Cheeky F***ker' down may indeed be best action to take!

BTW, my quoting directly from the departments text is not copyright infringement of any kind because I reference my sources here and link to the whole text.

Last edited:

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
It's not all one way! Pot calling kettle black?

Neil's thread on the Coarse Forum about What does it weigh? has a copyright photo of **** Walker. I know from various dealings that Walker pics are protected and it is unwise to use them without permission...