River Stour (Midlands)

pafenttiman

Reaction score
Had a good look at the River Stour below Kidderminster today. No one fishing it, but some beautiful looking swims with fords, eddies and nice little bends with good cover. They seem to be ideal for Barbel and Chub. :eek:

newbieneil

Reaction score
sounds like a nice little river mate...as a lover of small rivers targetting mainly chub and barbel,and always looking at different rivers all over the midlands to try my hand its always been a river in the back of my mind,shame as it probly gets neglected because of being so close to the severn

cheef87

Reaction score
hi chaps just thought i'd bump this thread heres a few fish i had alst weekend

hope to hear peoples updates on this river to!

14012011020.jpg

17012011022-1.jpg

09012011019-1.jpg

19012011025.jpg

17012011021-1.jpg

18012011022-1.jpg

2nd from last was my mate

Last edited:

cheef87

Reaction score
cheers

no free strecth just above kiddy town (most of it i0s free)

went down yeasterday for a really short session 45mins before football training just round the corner lol, all i took was a couple handfuls of corn had this beauty

14072011.jpg

B

Berty

Well done mate....hat off to you for having a go and pioneering.........look at the tail and dorsal on that barbel!.........they are going to be battlers if they get to double figures!

cheef87

Reaction score
cheers chaps
had another 2 today one about 6 and one about 7
my bro had one to lost one felt good size plus 13 chub a eel,roach, couple of bream which i haven't had before outa there!

23012011028.jpg

7lber
23012011030-1.jpg

bro's
23012011031.jpg

my 6

Last edited:

cheef87

Reaction score

cheers think i have, will be down tommorow for a few hours but try a different spot i tihnk

paf66

Reaction score
Decided on the Severn at Blackrock instead yesterday afternoon.

Does anyone know of club or free sections below Kidderminster on the Stour :confused: and areas to park.

Thanks in advance.

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Does anyone know of club or free sections below Kidderminster on the Stour and areas to park.

I suspect a fair amount of it will be free, parking close to a swim is a little more problematical. Wilden Lane might be a good starting point. Cheef87 was the guy who knew the Stour but hasn't posted in a while.

Tried the BAA stretch at Stourton opening day, extremely overgrown and no work days scheduled yet.

paf66

Reaction score
Thanks, will give it a go maybe weekend. Tried Quatford yesterday after buying BAA membership...no Barbs, but so peaceful and relaxing.

voodooman

Reaction score
Been on about trying the BAA stretch for a couple of years now.
Does anyone now anything about it.
Ive heard its mainly chub and roach fishing,fancy a bit of centrepin trotting on there if the water levels are ok.....cheers

austin55

Reaction score
New to Fishingmagic forum, found this thread while searching for info on the river stour. I have only recently started fishing again after a several year layoff. To make life a little bit interesting I challenged myself to catch a river trout within 1 hour of leaving home in Birmingham. Took 30mins drive 5 min walk 10 mins setting up with a straight lead and worm tactic giving me just 15 mins to catch. A tall order in January, needless to say I failed but managed a chub about a pound and a quarter after a further 20 mins. But then the phone goes where are you I been discharged from hospital can you pick me up?
Returned a couple of days later for a couple of hours fishing struggling to catch. The only bite coming from a sea trout of all things. I was amazed and boy did it go. I knew there was trout but a sea trout???? Will post a pic, looking forward to when things warm up.