Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: river vienne - france

Quote Originally Posted by nicepix View Post
    We've had thunderstorms and very heavy rain in the last two days. It is a lot warmer this morning but there are thundery showers predicted for the next few days. It is the changeover period with hot sunny weather ahead.
    hope you're right!

So how did the fishing go ??
    Hot spot for Carpers, road on way into saint juiene. The road is about 20 yds from the river, was always full of lads fishing.
    Love to go again, won't forget my quivertips next time.
    For just catching anything , the bridge below Ansac.
    Top reply nicepix

Quote Originally Posted by justin ackroyd View Post
    So how did the fishing go ??
    Hot spot for Carpers, road on way into saint juiene. The road is about 20 yds from the river, was always full of lads fishing.
    Love to go again, won't forget my quivertips next time.
    For just catching anything , the bridge below Ansac.
    Top reply nicepix
    From what I remember Legion dropped on a bad week at the carp lake. A few of the local commercials have been slow this year. The owners are blaming the warmer than normal winter creating a greater amount of natural food.

That area you mentioned near to St. Junien is a good place for river carp and catfish. It is known locally as the Isle de Chaillac. They get a few barbel too in the stretch near to the road out towards Rochechouart just upstream of there.
    I tread the path where no one goes,
    and cast to fish nobody knows.

Will resurrect this thread just to update.
    River is currently well down (+/- 18") throughout its length due to lack of rain throughout late spring and early summer, but very recent rain has perked things up somewhat.
    At the moment I am focusing on well aerated stretches downstream of weirs and river is fishing well in these areas. Carp are ever present and take sweet corn readily. Meat, I have found to be not that well accepted. Carp are now very used to pellets and my top bait of the moment is Decathlon Ring Pellet. These appear to have a very high oil content and work well in moving water. I have been fishing over a combination of hemp and tiny pellets with great success.
    If you are targeting barbel, do NOT drop line strength below 10lbs, as you will pick up carp and carp in mid teens/low twenties are going to give you quite a tussle.
    No need for fancy rigs - simple running ledger and quivertip or better still touch ledgering do the business.
    A poor days fishing is always better than a good days work....

River now back to nearly normal levels and fishing really well.

Rolling a pellet around in the main current between the streamer weed is my most successful and favourite method at the moment. Hold rod as high as you can whilst touch ledgering and if you can find a shoal you can have a bite a cast.

An hours fishing just before dark last Monday brought 7 barbel, all but 1 between 5 and 6lb which seems to be about max size for the Vienne where I fish downstream of Aixe.

The Vienne is fishing really well at the moment. Biggest barbel so far for me earlier this week went exactly 7lb. I'd be interested to know if anyone else knows if the barbel go any bigger on this river?

Hello all
    Great to see there are a few people fishing the Vienne and surrounding rivers, I live not far from Lussac les Chateaux so right on top of the Vienne which great but I have a problem fishing on my own as I am partially handicapped, I suffer with vasculitis and get fatigued very quickly and a bit unsteady on my feet and I was wondering if any of you would be willing to let me fish with you as I do not know of any anglers locally. You don't have to hold my hand but I'd be grateful if you pull me out if I topple over and end up in the river LOL !!
    I don't have a problem driving as I'm sitting down, it's the walking especially carrying kit that knackers me.
    Thanks for reading this and if you can assist please let me know
    All the best & tight lines.
    Stephen

Hi All

Just joined fishing magic forum!

My friend has a house in Javerdat, the nearest biggest town is St Julien

any info regarding the river fishing on the Vienne in the area would be helpful

I have been carp fishing nearby in people's back garden - with permission of course but fancy having a crack on the rivers

Regards Jeff

9. Default Re: river vienne - france

Quote Originally Posted by nicepix View Post
    What do you want to know? I live about 10km from Confolens.
    Hi have you got any fresh up to date info on the Barbel fishing along the Vienne around the Confolens area please ? Dave

10. Default Re: river vienne - france

Quote Originally Posted by barbel hunter dave View Post
    Hi have you got any fresh up to date info on the Barbel fishing along the Vienne around the Confolens area please ? Dave
    Have you got a contact number that I can reach you on , to discus some of the areas that hold barbel and carp along the Vienne. ?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast