Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default river Dove 2014/15

Had my first session last saturday at doveridge river very low (79cm) but not to clear. Fished the waggler because of the slow flow about 2/3rds across, did ok 1/2a dozen perch, a grayling, a chub and a rather nice brownie about a pound. Lets hope we get some rain soon to pick up the water levels. There was a early season report of a catch of 28chub in one session on this stretch, l'm not expecting a repeat that was anexceptional days sport.

john

Default Re: river Dove 2014/15

River fishing well today despite low levels, had around 30 mostly trout and grayling but including chub, dace perch and for the first time on this stretch (over 15years) 3 roach, only small but a good sign, the river is stuffed with fry good for the future hopefully.

john

John, which River Dove are you fishing?
    I tread the path where no one goes,
    and cast to fish nobody knows.

The derbyshire dove at uttoxeter.

john

Cheers John.

I had a day down there on the DRAC book a about ten years ago. Lovely river, but a bit too far for me to travel at that time.
    I tread the path where no one goes,
    and cast to fish nobody knows.

Competition for a peg this morning with 3 people beating me to the river. Fishing a peg thats normally good for just one or two fish I managed several trout and grayling and 3 chub which included 2 clonkers around the 5lb mark, just about as big as they get around here so well pleased. It could have been better I lost the biggest grayling I've ever had on my line, looks like I'll have to try again next week and everyone else caught aswell, top fishing.

john

7. Default Re: river Dove 2014/15

I'd love to fish the uttoxeter stretch John as its not far from my home (Stafford), I fished a stretch in Derbyshire as a guest on the Burton mutual but blanked and would love to change my fortunes, is the uttoxeter stretch day ticket?
    Using Tapatalk

No but a kidsgrove anglers ticket is just £28 a year, may still be some left at just a tenner which lasts till jan 1st, enquire at tackle shops in stoke on trent.

john

Just me and a friend this week, it was cold and foggy untill dinner time but not so as you couldn't see a float 20yds down the river, with no wind it was perfect conditions for trotting , the river was up a few centimeters and quite coloured but it run of quickly. Had another good day on the grayling and trout, 1lb plus the best grayling a gorgeous fish that put up a great scrap with the best brownie going about 2 1/2, lovely. Pity the chub didn't show but we both caught and had a good day. The number of grayling about bodes well for the winter fishing.

john

Lovely day today and I had the river to myself but the fishing was a bit slow only had 1/2 dozen grayling and the odd trout , however I saved the best for the end of the day with a huge grayling which must have been around the 2lb mark, magnificent fish which put up a great scrap, had to hold it upright in the flow for a couple of minutes before it was ready to swim off.

john

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast