Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default River quaggy (south east London)

I was in catford so i had a walk through ladywell park. Look what i saw. Definitely going to have a go.

Any one else seen fish in the quaggy?

Default Re: River quaggy (south east London)

Worth a crack mate although I think that's the Ravensbourne at Ladywell, let us know how you get on

Sorry. Yh. It is the ravensbourne. We just call it the quaggy. But you are right.
    I was shocked. All in all i saw about 15 fish. The ones in the picture were the biggest but its still a good sign.

Yeah it is a good sign, I think a lot of work has gone in to improving rivers down your way so hopefully the likes of the Ravensbourne, Quaggy, Darent and Cray can continue to improve.

I went to the cray just before the close season. And the part i went. Around dartford. Was a bit of a dump. Beer cans everywhere and dog pooh. I fished all day and had one bite but nothing come of it.
    The bit i was fishing was around 5 foot deep.
    Im going to try again in a week or two now the weather is warmer. Maybe ill get better luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ginty View Post
    Sorry. Yh. It is the ravensbourne. We just call it the quaggy. But you are right.
    I was shocked. All in all i saw about 15 fish. The ones in the picture were the biggest but its still a good sign.
    The Quaggy is a river in its own right, it starts around Grove Park and runs into The Ravensborne at Lewisham. The river pool also joins the system and I have seen fish in all three, They merge and join the Thames via Deptford Creek.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.