Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: River gipping

Default River gipping

I have been trying to find out where I can fish for free (I have a rod licence) on the river Gipping (my local river). I used to fish some bits of it as a kid but want to make sure I am all above board and that now that I've returned to both the area and the sport.

I have sussed some bits that are controlled by a couple of local clubs but nothing else comes up whilst trawling the internet for information.

Cheers

Dave

Default Re: River gipping

a walk along the banks and see if there are any notices up
    PaSC British by birth, English by the grace of God
    I got the devil in my blood,Telling' me what to do
    (And I'm all ears), Britain's premier bread angler

It’s not looking as there is a lot of free fishing try your local tackle shop for more info

this link may help

http://www.environmentdata.org/archi...J/20001176.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by chrissh View Post
    It’s not looking as there is a lot of free fishing try your local tackle shop for more info

this link may help

http://www.environmentdata.org/archi...J/20001176.pdf
    Yeah that is one of the ones I found.

I will be in the tackle shop today so will have a chat with the guys in there.

---------- Post added at 00:20 ---------- Previous post was at 00:19 ----------

I'll do that but I'm always a little wary at this given the sections I know to be under club control don't have any signs up.

---------- Post added at 00:27 ---------- Previous post was at 00:20 ----------

Some of the parts mentioned in this document aren't now listed on the respective clubs websites as waters that they manage so perhaps they are fine to fish?

---------- Post added at 00:29 ---------- Previous post was at 00:27 ----------

Thanks to you both for replying.