Fossdyke navigation canal

wawaw1867

Reaction score
Thinking of doing a session this week on an old haunt the Fossdyke navigation at Saxilby. Just wondered if anyone has fished it recently and how well it fished? I usaually hack my way down to some overgrown pegs near where the till flows into it or The Pyewipe Inn. But I'm open to suggestions for other pegs, Cheers

chrissh

Reaction score
I have fished the Fossdyke from Saxilby to the stamp end 5 or 6 times this year with not a lot of luck
It was full of weed and lily pads with a small channel in the middle were the boat have opened a clearing and on top of that there a lot of canoes use it from Lincoln to burton water. The Pyewipe get a lot of boat traffic around lunch time. Washingborough, fiskerton and five mile fished a lot better

flightliner

Reaction score
What is it you're after, silverfish or predators??.
Both prolific in the centre of Saxilby, downstream the banks become pretty steep n uncomfortable untill near the A57 road junction for donnington where its more comfotable.Steep again untill near Drinsey nook, patchy untill near its junction with the Trent at Torksey.
Upstream of Saxilby around where the river Till runs in can give good results as does the reach near Burton waters, then pyewipe until it runs into Brayford pool in Lincoln town centre.

wawaw1867

Reaction score
Cheers guys, I'll be going with the mind set on silvers but I will take tackle for predators if I need a change. The pegs I used to fish are near the till on the main road under 3 or 4 willow trees. You have to cross the road and climb over the crash barrier. Not tried the other venues you've mentioned but I'll certainly check them out.

wawaw1867

Reaction score
Dont ignore the river Till.

Any suggested locations? last time I took my dad about 4 years ago all the places we thought we could fish were all fenced off. Or do you mean the section near where it flows in to the Fossdyke?

flightliner

Reaction score
Follow the road up close to where it flows into the fossdyke, then up to the first bridge and beyond, you should find somewhere up there, it was ok last time I was that way a couple of winters back.