Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  309
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ribble: River Ribble Fishing Reports

Well mate you had as many as Wayne and I combined last night. Sadly we didn't hit the 5 mark either of us
    Must agree the future of the river does look very good with the spread of year classes we're now getting. Now what was that story you were telling me about the river being written off by some? ??? ???
    Last edited by The bad one; 09-02-2015 at 13:21.

Date:.. Tuesday 10/02/15
    Venue:... Ribble
    Time fished:...16:30:00hrs 22:30hrs
    Weather conditions:... Overcast, no wind, no moon.
    Water conditions:... EA River level at 04:30hrs @ NJR 0.4M.
    Air temperature:... 7.5C dropping to 2C by the end of the session.
    Water Temperature:... 8.8C
    Bait:... Crust & Crust/cheese paste
    Method:.. 2 rods both fished 50M out – Upstream Rod Crust and feeder filled with liquidised bread. Downstream Rod Crust and or crust/cheese paste and feeder filled with liquidised bread.
    Results:... Seven Chub best 3lb-12oz and one Barbel 9lb-14oz.
    Brief description of the session & remarks:… I was the only one fishing this stretch it was very quiet on a low and clear river. No bites until after dusk then steady away with the first chub 2lb-11oz coming at 17:10hrs and the last fish of the session was a nice 9lb-14oz barbel. All the fish were caught on crust.

Date:.. Thursday 12/02/15
    Time fished:...15:30:00hrs 22:00hrs
    Weather conditions:... Overcast with slight breeze, no moon
    Water conditions:... EA River level at 04:30hrs @ NJR 0.39M.
    Air temperature:... 7.6C dropping to 3C by the end of the session.
    Water Temperature:... 7.4C
    Method:.. 2 rods both fished 50M out – Upstream Rod Crust and feeder filled with liquidised bread. Downstream Rod Crust and or crust/cheese paste and feeder filled with liquidised bread.
    Results:... Four Chub best 3lb-8oz.
    Brief description of the session & remarks:… There were four other anglers on the river when I arrived but I was the only one staying after dusk, again on a low and clear river. Very slow with very few bites. The first chub came at 18:15hrs and the last at 21:40hrs. In the damp chilled breeze I soon felt the cold and was happy to leave at 22:00hrs with four chub, unfortunately none over the 4lb+ mark

Date:.. Tuesday 17/02/15
    Weather conditions:... Hazy cloud, strong breeze, no moon.
    Water conditions:... EA River level at 04:30hrs @ NJR 0.49M.
    Air temperature:... 6.9C dropping to 4C by the end of the session.
    Water Temperature:... 8.2C
    Results:... One Chub 3lb-14oz.
    Brief description of the session & remarks:… Another quick trip down to the Ribble, quick being 1-1/2hrs from starting my van to first cast. Hard work very few knocks all for one 3lb-14oz chub. There were a few other lads out and everyone found it hard going with only one or two fish for their sessions. Back home by mid-night, dentist first thing tomorrow morning.

Date:.. Friday 20/02/15
    Weather conditions:... Overcast, odd cold shower, light breeze, no moon.
    Water conditions:... EA River level at 04:30hrs @ NJR 0.7M.
    Air temperature:... 6.3C dropping to 2C by the end of the session.
    Water Temperature:... 8.1C
    Bait:... Crust & Halibut Pellet/cheese paste
    Method:.. 2 rods both fished 50M out – Upstream Rod Crust and feeder filled with liquidised bread. Downstream Rod Halibut Pellet/cheese paste and PVA bag filled with micro pellets and halibut ground bait.
    Results:... One Chub 3lb-13oz and one Barbel 7lb-10oz
    Brief description of the session & remarks:… Hard time with just two bites for one Barbel and a Chub. The river looked OK with a water temp of 8.1C, hence the barbel, but towards the end of the session there were a couple of very cold showers with a wee bit of sleet in them. Temp back at the car park was 2C and by the time I'd got home at mid-night it was down to zero. Some snow on the hills in the morning.

Date:.. Friday 06/03/15
    Venue:... Ribble -Samlesbury
    Time fished:...10:30 - 17:00hrs
    Weather conditions:... Overcast cloud giving way to sunshine, gusty Southerly breeze.
    Water conditions:... EA River level at Samlesbury 1.5m @ 10:00 falling.
    Air temperature:... max 12C dropping to 8C by the end of the session.
    Water Temperature:... 7C
    Bait:... Maggots, Corn, Crust&Flake, Halibut pellet/cheese paste
    Method:.. 2 rods one fished 15M out – Upstream crust and cheese paste wrapped halibut 8mm pellet with PVA bag of 4.5mm pellets; t'other trotted maggot, corn, paste, flake and - in desparation - lobworm.
    Results:... One Perch 16" long - not weighed.
    Brief description of the session & remarks:… End-of-season dabble on Ribble. Upstream wind made the swim difficult - no body else on stretch. Not a touch on ledger, nor on float until in desparation tried bumping a lob along the reeds in 5' of water - one touch - one Perch - no scales!
    [IMG][/IMG]

binka Guest

Quote Originally Posted by greenie62 View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    That's a corker greenie, well done I'm quite envious

Look on the bright side, if you'd have had scales with you then you would likely have never caught it...

Good to see yer post on Ribble, Mike, a nice perch that at 16" long.

Blog Entries

Very good perch indeed for the Ribble that Mike

Lovely Fish Mike
    “If you find it hard to laugh at yourself, I would be happy to do it for you.”

Date:.. Thursday 12/03/15
    Venue:... Ribble - Mitton
    Time fished:...13:30 - 17:30hrs
    Weather conditions:... Very overcast cloud giving way to more cloud, gusty Southerly breeze - drizzle held off 'til packing the car.
    Water conditions:... EA River level at Henthorn 0.67m @ 10:00 falling.
    Air temperature:... max 13C dropping to 9C by the end of the session.
    Water Temperature:... 6.7C
    Bait:... Corn, Crust&Flake, Halibut pellet/cheese paste, Lobworm
    Method:.. 1 rod fished 1 - 5m out – trotted corn, paste, flake and lobworm. Held back and bumped down slack side of crease.
    Results:... One Chub 20" long - 1.8Kg (near 4lb in old money).
    Brief description of the session & remarks:… Another end-of-season dabble on Ribble. Upstream wind made the surface very choppy - no body else on stretch.Tried bumping a lob along the bottom in 5' of water on swirlback side of crease - one touch - one Chub - stubborn fighter - locked himself across the current - didn't want to come to Daddy!

Date:.. Friday 06/03/15
    Weather conditions:... Sunny but with a cold breeze clouding over at dusk. Hazy moon when it came out
    Water conditions:... EA River level at 04:30hrs @ NJR 0.7M.
    Air temperature:... 13.6C dropping to 7C by the end of the session.
    Water Temperature:... 9C
    Bait:... Bread Flake, Crust & Crust/cheese paste
    Method:.. 2 rods both fished 50M out – Upstream Rod Bread Flake and Crust and feeder filled with liquidized bread, hemp & micro pellets. Downstream Rod Pellet/Cheese Paste and feeder filled with liquidized bread hemp & micro pellets.
    Results:... Three Chub 4lb; 5lb-9oz and 3lb-1oz
    Brief description of the session & remarks:… The car park was almost full when I arrived. There were eight angles fishing, most of whom left at dusk. Some chub and barbel were caught during the day but the consensus was it was hard going. Started getting knocks at dusk and the first chub came at 18:55hrs the two larger chub I caught on bread flake and the smaller one on the downstream rod when I changed over from pellet/cheese paste to crust for the last hour. The 5lb-9oz chub made the session well worth the effort.

Date:.. Sunday 08/03/15
    Weather conditions:... Sunny with cool breeze, bright moon just before packing up
    Water conditions:... EA River level at 04:30hrs @ NJR 0.48M.
    Air temperature:... 10.7C dropping to -1C by the end of the session.
    Water Temperature:... 8C
    Method:.. 2 rods both fished 50M out – Upstream Rod Bread Flake and Crust and feeder filled with liquidised bread, hemp & micro pellets. Downstream Rod Crust/Cheese Paste and feeder filled with liquidised bread hemp & micro pellets.
    Results:... One Chub 2lb-6oz
    Brief description of the session & remarks:… What started out as a good day, one 2lb-6oz chub second cast literally froze up on me at dusk. As soon as the sun set, the temperature plummeted from 10C to -1C. My rod tips never moved a millimetre from dusk until I packed in at 22:30hrs. When I switch on my headlamp to pack up, myself and my gear, were all covered in ice crystals and my landing net was frozen solid and stuck to the ground. Still very cold up here in the Dales, let’s hope it warms up a bit before my next trip, and last of the season, to the Ribble on Tuesday or Thursday?

Date:.. Thursday 12/03/15
    Time fished:...14:30:00hrs 24:00hrs
    Weather conditions:... Overcast with hazy sun, clouding over at dusk and heavy rain @ 20:00hrs
    Water conditions:... EA River level at 04:30hrs @ NJR 0.61M.
    Air temperature:... 13.2C dropping to 5.5C by the end of the session.
    Water Temperature:... 8.1C
    Method:.. 2 rods both fished 30M out – Upstream Rod Crust and feeder filled with liquidized bread, hemp & micro pellets. Downstream Rod Crust/Cheese Paste and feeder filled with liquidized bread hemp & micro pellets.
    Results:... Eight Chub to 4lb-15 (four over 4lb) and one Barbel 12lb-2oz
    Brief description of the session & remarks:… Last trip of 2014/15 season as the weather is not looking too good for the last couple of days. First chub came at 16:15 hrs then it was steady away up to the end of the session with the last chub coming at 23:45hrs. At 20:10hrs I'd a 12lb-2oz Barbel on crust/cheese paste which is a new PB for me by 2oz. The last few hours were miserable with heavy rain which eventually made the flog back up the hill out of the woods to the car park hard work, but at least it had stopped raining for a while.

Well another dollar, another day and the end of another season, roll on 16th June

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast